3/9/11

Wednesday Weekend Wrapup

It's Wednesday. I haven't blogged about our weekend. Whatever. Whatever Wednesday. Maybe that should be the title of this one. Ok. I'll stick with what I've got. It was a good weekend.

Friday night was Marco'sbirthday at GattiLand. Dad Dad and Mom Mom wanted to take the kids to a movie after school. Kylee really wanted to see Rango and was very upset when Blaine would not agree to be 10 or 15 minutes late to the party to go with them. She kept trying to convince him to go, that it was only 10 minutes, etc., but he was not going for it. He tried to tell her she wouldn't be late to her friend's party, but she wouldn't relent. Finally he said, "Well, maybe you would, but that's you. Not me. I'm not going to be late." So Kylee went with Dad Dad and Mom Mom; Blaine and I went and got Marco a present; and Kylee came 10 minutes late.

While Blaine was really excited to see Carloand his other baseball buddies, Kylee was all about the tickets. And collect the tickets she did.Blaine had a great time with his baseball buddies, and Kylee truly had her "best of both worlds" night.

Saturday after the typical baseball/slash dance early part of the day, Carlo and Marco came home with us after the game. I decided to go see a movie with D'Anne. Kylee was N-O-T happy! She text me through the entire movie giving me a play-by-play of what I was trying to escape from for a couple of hours was going on at home. Now I know why it's been so long since I've done that. It's work, too.

Sunday we spent time with the Hayes. We hadn't seen them for a long time, and the kids were so excited. We went and watched Shawn's volleyball game at the Y, while the kids playedon the other side of the gym. Then we had lunch at Macaroni Grill and dessert at Crave. We are always teasing Kylee and Katy about the difference in their size. We always say, "Here comes Katy and her kid."Kylee is four months OLDER than Katy.

After such a filled weekend for Blaine, staying up late, gettign up early, he was SO tired! He was in such a bad mood Sunday night, but he couldn't even tell us what he was upset about. There was not a person in this house who could please him. Fortunately, there was a dogwho could.

And don't tell Kylee you saw this picture,but one of these days, she will appreciate her 11-year-old self getting out of the shower, hair towel and all, putting on her pajama t-shirt...and her tutu.

After thinking about these silly kids, reminiscing of our weekend, I'm glad I left the title as is.



P.S. Please excuse the iPhone pictures. My camera battery was dead, and I KEPT forgetting to charge it!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...