8/2/10

The Last of Summer

The last week of summer, I let the kids stay at the house with Mat. He would come over in the morning and stay with them all day. From what I hear, Kylee slept most of the time, and Blaine pestered Mat. We ordered pizza for them the first day, and the rest of the days, Joey brought them lunch. They loved it!

Thursday was a big day. We got to go to Blaine's school and meet his first grade teacher, and we got Kylee's middle school schedule in the mail.

I think Blaine thought 1st grade was going to be like Kindergarten, where you go in not knowing anybody. When some of his classmates and friends from the playground started walking in his classroom, he was ssoo excited. He said, "Mommy, I know some of these kids!" After I explained to him that he a lot of these kids would follow him all through school, he just kept smiling! His teacher this year is Ms. Sanchez. I have no pictures because I didn't realize we would be meeting teachers, and I went straight from work to the school.

When Kylee's middle school schedule came in the mail, she screamed like...well, like a middle-school girl! Because she is in pre-AP classes, she gets two electives. She really wanted theater arts, and she really didn't want band. She got both. When she saw band, she fell apart. She does not want to be in band. She cried and cried! I told her I would call the school the next morning and see what I could do. When I called, they told me I would have to wait until the first day of school and talk to the counselor. After the drama, when I asked her if she was nervous about middle school, she said, "Not if I can get out of band!"

Saturday afternoon, Kylee had a dance performance at a little church who was having a fundraising carnival. The girls were pretty nervous about dancing on the asphalt, but they did a great job.
Wish Right Now
Hello Good Morning
Ice Ice Baby
She totally gets her moves from me! (hehe)

Then we headed over the Dad Dad and Mom Mom's to play some games on the last night the kids could stay up late before school started.

Sunday I tried to keep low key. The boys went swimming, and the girls went grocery shopping for school lunches. (And laundry of course.) I put the kids to bed at their regular school bedtime (8:30). I'm not sure when they finally went to sleep, though, because the both kept coming and telling me they couldn't sleep. The last I heard from them was 9:30. Bet after a full day of school 8:30 is an easy bedtime, though.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...