8/21/10

In the Big Leagues Now!

Last night we took the baseball team to the El Paso Diablos.Before the game started, they got to head down on the fieldto the dugout and meet some of the players. Then came the main event. As the Diablo players were introduced, two boys at a time went out with them and were introduced also. Then they stood with then as the national anthem was sang. Folks, it was amazing! I wanted to be a tball player. I think these twodid too. It was THAT cool!
After the anthem, the team and their families got to sit RIGHTbehind the dugout and watch the game.

But...Lisa, Katy, Kylee and I rebelled a little. I know, I know, shocker. Do you know how many HOURS we sit in the baseball stands watching? Well, it's a lawt. Don't get me wrong, I wouldn't miss it for anything in the world to see my boy play. My boy wasn't playing. He was a spectator, just like the rest of us. So we left. We went to get something to eat in the air conditioning, with cold drinks, and food that was WAY better and WAY cheaper than at the ballpark. We thought. It backfired. We went to Applebees, 20 to 30 minute wait. We went to Chilis, didn't even go in because of the people waiting OUTSIDE the builidng. We went to Great American Land and Cattle, 20 minute wait. Okay. We're waiting. After 15-20 minutes, Kylee asked the hostess how much longer. When she said ANOTHER 20 minutes, we gave up. We rebeled, and it backfired on us. This is a great lesson for all you kiddos out there. When you rebel, it will bite you in the butt.

So we went back to the ballpark. By that time, the boys were beyond sitting still and were running around like maniacs. I guess they bothered one too many people, so they got a little lecture. Then finally it was over (I don't even know who won..hehe. Again, not my boy) and they got to go back to the field and run the basesand watch the fireworks

I'll tell ya, it was a great night, even for the girls who tried to rebel!

And for all my family readers who aren't bloggers, the blue lettering, you click on to see a video!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...