9/2/10

Payin' For the Raisin'

When it rains, it pours. Not only did Kyle and Myra come in this weekend, but so did Aunt Jackie. Blaine had a tball game and a birthday party (which he missed), and Kylee had dance (which she missed) and a birthday party. Joey and I had all of the above with the kids, a birthday party of our own Friday night, and a wedding Saturday night (which we missed.) It was one of those kinda weekends.

Kellie, Kylee, Kenzie, and I left the tball game early to take Kylee to her party at the Build a Bear Workshop. While Kylee was at the party, I took the other two to get a corn dog. Kellie had never had the cheese dogs. You know, the ones where they replace the weenie with a stick of cheese. She's had one now! Then she went and hung out with Kylee at the party.

Kenzie and I went to the Disney Store and tried on princess dresses. I ended up buying her Belle's dress from Beauty and the Beast for her birthday (kinda! see, i already had a gift, but...well...she needed it!) I kept calling her Belle, and she kept saying, "I'm NOT Belle!" I could not figure out why she was being that way. Then when we got back to the house, Kyle asked her who she was, and she said Beauty. So when I would call her Beauty, she went with it. Not Belle, Beauty. Got it! (Yes, there are pictures, but they are on Mom's camera. I've been waiting to get them. No luck. I'll post when I do. I'm just getting too far behind)

I know she's not my kid, but I have to tell this story. I laughed so hard (probably BECAUSE she's not my kid) that I want to remember it forever. Kyle and Myra went outside late one night to smoke. She wanted to go. They wouldn't let her. They sent her to her room to watch a movie and went outside. McKenzie Jean LOCKED them out! (Are you laughing yet? Just wait!) Then she went to Kellie's room and told Kellie that Mommy said if she heard anybody knocking or ringing the doorbell, not to answer it. (I KNOW you're laughing now!) They banged on the door and rang the doorbell, all to no avail. Then Michael came home and had a key. When Kyle and Myra walked in Kenzie's bedroom, she was on her bed with a sippy, snuggled in the covers, watching a movie. She turned to them, rolled her eyes, and said, "How'd y'all get in?" (You're on the floor now, huh? So was I!)

Saturday night, after hanging out and playing Wii and spades, the big girls decided to spend the night at our house while Blaine stayed with Michael and McKenzie. They are just as silly as McKenzie. But they are good Mommas!

Sunday we headed out to Joey's parents' to see Aunt Jackie.
As usual, Blaine immediately made friends with her puppy.
We enjoyed the afternoon with them, but it had been a long weekendso we headed home early.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...