9/21/10

SweetTarts

Do you love SweetTarts? I hate them. I hate sour. Period. Even if you get to the sweet center after the sour, I hate sour. So when I eat candy, it is sweet. That's my decision. Too bad I don't get to make the same decision in life. I want the sweet, please, no sour. Life is a SweetTart, sweet and sour. And I still hate sour, but the sweet, the sweet is oh so sweet.

So here is our SweetTart of a week.

Friday Kylee had her first middle school dance.She got up early to curl her hair and everything. When I told her to come downstairs so I could take her picture before school, Blaine said, "Ok, Mommy, do you want me to get by the door?" I didn't have the heart to tell him I wanted a picture of his sister on her special day. Plus, I can never have too many pictures of thishandsome guy, can I?
So many firsts, so sweet for them, and a little sour but mostly sweet for their mom, who does NOT want them to grow up, but is so proud of who they are becoming. (The dance was "boring", and she called to be picked up early.)

They also had their well-"baby" checkups Friday. They both had their hearing and eyes checked, which they both passed with flying colors. Blaine was so excited to do it, too. I think he's just getting old enough to remember from one year to the next, because he does not remember doing it last year.

At 11 years and 5 months old, Kylee is 54.5 inches tall and weighs 64 pounds. That puts her in the 12th percentile of her height, and the 5th percentile of her weight. Yes, I have little kiddos. (Sweet...hehe) Dr. Patel said he is not concerned about her, doesn't think she's malnutritioned or anything, but he does want her to gain a little weight. He said he understands they are both little kids, but her percentages in height and weight need to be closer together. He suggested she drink Carnation Instant Breakfasts in her milk for extra protein. When he said it, Kylee said, "Oh, I'm a big fan of protein! I like steak and bacon and all meats. I'm a big fan of protein!" He laughed and told her as active as she was, she just burned all that off and needed a little extra boost. She told him, "I just don't want to be fat!" (SOUR!) He assured her that she would NOT be fat! (Sweet!)
At 6 years and five months old, Blaine is 44.8 inches tall and weighs 42 pounds. They puts him in the 19th percentile of his height and 17 percentile of his weight. Still small, but because they are closer together, he's not having to be a bigger protein fan than he already is. (Sweet!)
Both are very healthy (sweet), but Kylee had to get shots (sour).

On Saturday, after Blaine, once again, had to sit on the sidelines and only watch the tball game (sour), Dad Dad and Mom Mom called and wanted to take them to the movies. (Sweet) After the movie, the kids talked them into taking them to Target to get new food for their kitchen. (Sweeter!) And then Kylee helped me cook supper. She marinated the tenderloin for me.

So see, all in all, the sweet outweighs the sour...but I'm still not having sour with my candy!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...