8/10/10

Back in Session

School is back in session. Summer is kinda lazy with the kids because, well, summer is meant for being lazy. Along with being lazy, though, comes less little funnies out of their mouths. With school back in session, the funnies are back in business.

Because they line up on the basketball court right outside of the school doors, Blaine has been taking his small basketball to school to play before school. He told us this weekend, "I'm famous at school! Since it's my basketball, everybody wants to play with me." Then he said, "But I really want to be the Celtics, and they all want to be the Lakers." Uncle Doak told him to stand firm; it was his basketball, and he needed to make them be the Celtics. Blaine thought for a minute and said, "Nah. I still want to be famous!"

He's had kind of had a rough week this week. Monday at lunch, he got up to throw something in the trash (so much for not cleaning up after himself..hehe) and somebody stole the uneaten part of his sandwich. He was hot!! Then yesterday a kid bit him at the Y. I'm told, not just by Blaine but the Y staff as well, that it was totally unprovoked.

He also got his first sad face of the year yesterday. Yes, I know we are only seven days in, but still! I was kinda proud of him, though. When I asked him why he got the sad face, we were sitting at Sonic getting a snack waiting on Kylee to get out of piano. He said, "Because I didn't finish my work fast enough." I said, "Why not? Were you talking?" And he said, "No -- well, yes, ma'am." Then he said, "And because I didn't follow the rules during carpet time." I waited. He stopped. I waited some more. He looked at me. I said, "Well, what were you doing at carpet time?" He shrugged his shoulders, then caught himself and said, "I was talking again. I just talk too much and got a sad face." I first told him I was VERY proud of him for not lying to me, because I saw him start to. I told him that because he told me the truth and because it was his first sad face this year, that this was his warning, but not to think that coming home with a sad face again was going to be this easy.

Then the phone rang. It was his Daddy. He wanted to answer it. I think it was so I wouldn't tell him. So they visited a bit, and then I was talking to Joey. Then Blaine said, "Oh, just tell him. He's going to find out anyway. Just tell him!" I paused a second (I was trying to keep from laughing), and he said, "Tell him, Mommy! He's going to find out, so just tell him now!" So I explained to Joey what he was talking about and Blaine said, "But this time is my warning. Next time is gonna be bad, but this time is just my warning!"

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...