10/25/09

Spooktacular Weekend!

**********Clickable Update***********************
Click on the dance you want to be taken to the video.

Kylee's Hip Hop Dance!

Kylee's Jazz Dance!

McKenzie's Performance!

*****************************************************

I have been trying for two days to get the video of Kylee dancing at Spooktacular to load on this silly thing. No luck. Forget it. I give up. If I keep waiting, it'll be time to post something else before I get this one posted. When I get home tonight, I will load it on YouTube and post the link here....at some point I will, anyway.

We had a great weekend! Kyle and Myra came to town. Saturday morning, we all kind of headed our separate ways. Kylee had to get ready for her dance performance, Blaine had t-ball practice, and Myra needed to go to the outlet mall. While Kylee and I got ready, Kellie went with Blaine to practice and got to play. She was so excited. Then we all met up at P.F. Changs for lunch. Myra's mom came because her nephew, Joseph, is now living here going to college. Blaine ADORES him. He is a baseball player, too, and Blaine thinks he looks like Derek Jeter (Blaine's new obsession), so he was in AWE!

(You THOUGHT I was exaggerating, didn't you?)
And, of course, Kylee's obsession for her whole life...

After lunch, we headed to Spooktacular for Kylee to dance. While we were in the parking garage, bless her heart, she grabbed my hand and said, "Mom, I'm getting butterflies in my stomach."

While we were waiting for her to dance, there were lots of activities to do. The kids decorated a pumpkin
and Kellie climbed the rock wall, of course. Then we waited for Kylee
She had two dances, and she did such a great job! She is really getting to be a great dancer, and with that make up on.....ugh! haha! ***This is where I will insert a video if I ever get it uploaded, but for now, here are some pictures**

Kylee, her dancing BFF Jackie, and her teachers, Miss Eva and Miss Iliana

Some of her dancing friends


After Spooktacular, we headed back to Dad Dad and Mom Moms for food and games. McKenzie put on a singing and dancing show of her own.

We played the "Question Game" again. Kylee and Kellie's answers were so much fun to listen to.

The kids spent the night over there Saturday night, and Sunday morning we headed over to just hang out and let the kids play before Kyle and Myra headed back to Pecos. We also had plans to head to the pumpkin patch with Papa and Nana.

It was sssoo much more than a pumpkin patch. There was SSOO much to do. We didn't do the corn maze this year because Blaine was already coughing, and I wasn't going in that tall corn (look behind us in the picture above) where there is no fresh air and aggravate his asthma even further. Plus, we were there for almost four hours just with everything else, and they say the maze takes 45 minutes to an hour and a half, depending on how lost you get. So...we played on the slide did the horse races raced on the pedal tractors rode the cow train laughed at the corn cops (ok...that was just me, but it cracked me UP!)
roped
AND found pumpkins in the patch

NOW you know how I got out of there WITHOUT doing the corn maze and not having upset kids.
I can't wait to take everybody next year!!

Don't forget to check back for Kylee's dancing videos!!!

1 comment:

Monica H said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog. In response to your question about the rice crispy treats...It's one recipe divided into three layers. Normally you would mix all the cereal, butter and marshmallows into one big bowl, but I divided it up into three bowls and colored the marshmallows orange and yellow. Basically it's making the recipe 3 separate times just in smaller portions.

Hope that helps!
Monica

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...