10/20/09

Get comfortable...it's gonna be a long one!

I've been MIA. Sometimes I can't even find myself! Mom and Dan have been galavanting all over the east coast, and I feel lost without them. Is that odd? It is, isn't it? My kids got where they needed to be when they needed to be there, but...well, I felt lost. I felt lonely and helpless. Mom picks them up from school every day, and they hang out with Dad Dad and Mom Mom until I pick them up. It's usually just an hour or so, but I felt rushed somehow without the comfort of knowing where they were and that they WANT to be there. In fact, when they got home yesterday, the kids hugged and loved on them, but then just kinda hung at their house. Kylee even went to the back room to watch TV. It was just BEING at Mom Mom and Dad Dad's and know Mom Mom and Dad Dad were there, too. They didn't even have to be interacting with them. They just KNEW they were there. Maybe that's how I feel, too. Maybe that explains my feelings of being rushed.

Anyway....last weekend, we had a birthday party for our friend, Cecy. Her husband, Chris, and son, Matthew (aka..Matty) came, along with the Hayes family. I cooked dinner, we ate, and had birthday cake. Then the adults played Random Questions and Taboo and laughed and laughed. The kids were heaven only knows where upstairs doing their own thing. We eventually went outside and made smores on the firepit. It was a great evening of food and friends.

Since the kids were out of school the last two weeks, Blaine has been going to Terry's. He has missed her (and his friends) so much! Kylee either hung out with Mom Mom before they left or came with me to work after they left.

This past weekend after the t-ball game on Saturday, we headed to the park for a cook-out with the team. During the game, Joey evidentally forgot he was talking to five-year olds. When they weren't playing so well, he said to them, "You want to just quit and go to the cook-out now?" Much to his chagrin, our excited five-year olds all screamed, "Yeah!!!!" haha! Poor thing. He has such a hard time remembering THEY ARE FIVE!! Anyway, the boys did finish the game and we headed to the park. It was a really great time!! I took individual and team pictures. (Here are a few of my favorites.)

(Don't you just love the way Blaine has his little hand on his Daddy's shoulder?!)


We went to the park about 11:30. It was Texas/OU weekend, so several of the dads wanted to hear the game. I told them if they would pitch in the pay the ticket, I would pull my TrailBlazer up (yes, on city park property). They agreed, so I did. My husband said, "You know your wife is from Pecos when she jumps the curb and pulls her vehicle up on city park property." haha! Since the game was on a.m. my radio was making some weird beeping noise, so Joey decides to pull his truck up since it has XM radio. About 5, all but our family and one other had left, so I decided to go home. Of course, the kids wanted to stay with their Daddy.
When they got home, the kids came running in and told me the cops got Daddy. Then Blaine said, "He didn't get a ticket. He only got a warning." Evidentally, just as they were getting ready to leave, after having the vehicles up there all day, the cops showed up. haha! You know your wife is from Pecos and you're only from Clint when you get caught and she doesn't. hehe

Sunday after church we decided to take the kids to the pumpkin patch in Fabens. Well, it USED to be a pumpkin patch. It is no longer there, so we just hung out at Nana and Papa's for the day. We are going to try to head to the OTHER side of El Paso this Sunday because we KNOW that pumkin patch is still there.

Just for good measure, here is a picture of Kylee she took of herself while playing with the night vision on my camera. There will be many more pictures (and probably of video) of her this weekend when she performs at Spooktacular at the Abraham Chavez Theater with her dance company.

Long enough for ya?

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...