3/19/09

Spring Break 2009

We just got back from a whirlwind trip to Dallas for a short spring break. We left Friday afternoon, drove to Midland, spent the night with Pops and Dawn, and then drove the rest of the way to Dallas Saturday morning. We checked into the Great Wolf Lodge in Grapevine, and then sped off to watch the Dallas Stars play the Minnesota Wild.

It was really dumb for us to check into the hotel stuff and show the kids all the GREAT stuff they were going to get to do.....tomorrow! This place has an indoor water park, a kiddie spa, ice cream shop, pizza hut, restaurants, you name it right in the hotel. This is what the kids saw through a huge glass window as we were checking in.



Our room had a "tent" in it just for them.




Needless to say, the hockey game didn't sound NEAR as exciting as it did the whole way there, but we went anyway. By the time we got to the American Airlines Center, they were really excited about hockey again. The game was great, went into over time, and the Stars won. Yeah!



Everybody, of course, had a different highlight of the game. Blaine's was being just like his daddy!


Kylee's was being just like her Mommy.



Yes, I know, I know! Call CPS!! This margarita was like Kool-Aid. She could have had the whole thing and felt nothing. She just got ONE drink!!

Anyway, we headed back to Great Wolf and settled in for the next two days. This waterpark was awesome! The kids LOVED it, and are already talking about "next time we come." The waterpark was only ONE of their favorite things.




Kylee got a facial.


Blaine loved the funnnel cakes (which are on my mom's waterproof camera). And the whole family got inked. hehe





AND I got to see a good friend.


We had great meals and great fun and thank God for the resources to do it!

We drove back to Midland Tuesday night, and now the kids are at Pops and Dawn's for the rest of the week. It seems so weird with no children, and I have all this time on my hands. I had to register Blaine for Kinder :(( this morning, and I was supposed to be there at 8. I got up 30 minutes later than I normally do, thinking that would compensate....ha! These kids take up WWAAYY more time than I realized. I was ready by 7:15. The school is like 3 minutes from the house. Oh, well! Maybe that's why this post is so long ;)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...