3/22/09

Home Again Home Again Jiggity Jig

We've had a nice little break for four nights while the kids stayed with Pops and Dawn in Midland. We went and saw movies that WEREN'T rated G, talked about the kids, just went and browsed in stores for as long as we wanted, wondered about the kids, ate what we wanted WHEN we wanted, missed the kids, and went to Starbucks on beautiful evenings and drank coffee and played Yahtzee. It was a nice break, but I was sssoo ready for my kids to come home.

We went to Pecos today to meet Dawn and pick them up. We had lunch with Kyle's family and let the kids play awhile and then headed home.

I felt like my kids have always been close and loving, but it's like the only thing that was familiar this week was each other, and now they seem -- I don't know -- closer? Listening to them talk to each other in the backseat was, somehow, different. Maybe it's just that they are a little older, or maybe it's just because they did stuff together that I wasn't involved in. It was just different. Nice! Sweet!

Then Blaine didn't keep her secret, and all hell broke loose. He was bathing, and, of course, she wasn't in the room. I asked him about his week, and he said, "Mommy, the roping was bad, really bad." I said, "Really? What happened?" He WHISPERED, "Diddy pooped in her pants just a little bit. Just a little bit, Mommy, don't be mad at her." LOL LOL Kylee comes walking in about that time, and I asked her what happened. She, of course, starts bawling, losing her mind. She looked right at him and said, "You broke our secret! You promised!"

I told her it wasn't a big deal; we've all done it. She told me that Pops was roping, and Dawn wasn't there. She couldn't find a bathroom and there were no adults to talk to. She tried to hold it, but just a little bit came out. She told me the only bathroom was a horse trailer, and, "I'm a city girl, not a country girl like you! Country girls can poop in horse trailers, but I'm a city girl, and I just can't do it!"

I calmed her down, and now all is well. The kids are in their OWN beds, and I'm headed to mine.

Thank God for nice breaks, great children, and bringing our family back together and whole!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...