3/9/09

Pick your battles

Tonight I went to get Blaine's prescription (ALONE) and decided I'd run get me a new book and a Starbucks "feel good." (See post below) I was gone a little less than an hour, and my phone rings. It's Kylee. She says, "Mom, where are you?" I said, "I'm on my way home. Why?" She says, "I need help with my homework." I said, "And your dad can't help you?" Then I realized that I had asked her an HOUR ago to do her homework, so I continue, "And why are you just now doing your homework." My NINE-year old says, "Well, I was sitting on the couch watching TV, and I said, 'Oh, shit (yes, shit. she said shit), I forgot to do my homework." I said, "You said what?" Silence. No response. I said, "Did you say what I think you just said?" She said, "Nope." I said, "Okay. I'll be right there."
Pick your battles, Mommies!

1 comment:

RED {Michelle} said...

So did you get your Starbucks and new book???? Yeah, pick your battles - the first time Annie said "oh shit" it wasn't even what she ended up getting in trouble for!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...