3/25/12

Blaine's 8th Birthday Zoo Party

This year Blaine wanted his party at the zoo. Well, he really wanted it at Cattlemans, but they don't do kiddie parties, so he went with the zoo. We'll be taking him to Cattleman's for his actual birthday dinner.

I'm always worried for the kids' parties about the weather. The spring is such an awful time to predict what it's going to do, so when their parties are outdoors, it makes me nervous. Mother Nature welcomed Blaine's zoo party. It was beautiful!!

While we waited for the guests to arrive, I got a picture of my kiddos, and then Kylee got pictures of her brother monkeying around.
After the guests arrived, everybody ate,
and we headedover for our 'surprise guests' at the animal encounter.
When I paid the $75 for the animal encounter, I was under the impression (because I was told) the kids would get to pet the animals...not the case. They did get to feel skins of animals, their food, and even their poop. And they got the see a trantula, some kind of lizard, and a hedgehog. It didn't seem to bother them one bit not to touch them. In fact, I'm not sure some of them would have if they had been allowed. (Notice Matty's face in the bottom left hand picture with that lizard!)

When the zookeeper brought out the hedgehog, they were discussing about how it's similar to a porcupine. The birthday boy pipes up and says, "Oh yea. I shoot porcupines at the ranch." Zookeepers are not impressed with such talk. She did a good job of ignoring him and moving on.

After our animal encounter, we went to 'camp' for cake and presents. When Blaine opened his ice skates from Dad Dad and Mom Mom, he jumped up and down and immedietely went over to thank them. He's really been wanting them!
And then the "official party was over. Meaning, the part that the zoo hosts and we have a hostess. I got a picture of all the kiddos,thanked everybody for coming, and handed out goodie bags.
The boys, of course, weren't ready for the party to be over, and they were hot. They found water, and the party continued. As warm as it was, though, it is still only spring, so Blaine was freezing.

The solution? Pull off that shirt holding all that cold water, and head right back in!
As we were leaving the zoo that day, Blaine said, "Mom, this was my best birthday party ever! But I say that every year!"
And that, my friends, is why I do what I do!








No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...