8/2/09

Kylee's first "date"

It is SSOO nice to be home, back in a normal routine. The routine is fixing to get even more "normal" because the kids start school....tomorrow. :-( Kylee will be in 5th grade. :-( :-( Blaine will be in kindergarten. :-( :-( :-(

Now for my fourth :-(! Kylee had her first "date" yesterday. She and Colton Evans met at a wedding in May of 2007, yes, 2007. They have not seen each other since then, but they have emailed and texted on and off. In the last couple of months, they have actually started talking on the phone. Friday night I got a phone call, and it was Colton. He wanted to know if he could take Kylee to the movies on Saturday. I told Joey what was going on, and Joey said he needed to ask him. (Dads! UGH!) Anyway, I handed Joey the phone. Long story short, Joey told him he could take her as long as the parents went. ***BTW, Colton is Shelly Walker's (maiden name) son.***

Saturday morning Kylee got up and her right eye was REALLY red and swollen from allergies. She was taking the medicine I usually have to FORCE her to take on her own, and using a water bottle to flush out her eye. She came and told me she wasn't sure if she wanted to go, for him to see her that way. So I told her I would call Shelly. She quickly changed her mind and said she would go. Then came the all too familiar dilemma of what to wear. She picked out four outfits and let BLAINE, yes, BLAINE, pick what she wore.

She got dressed, kept water in her eye, and started cleaning. She's wiping down the coffee table with Windex, and says, "Mom, aren't you going to ask me why I'm cleaning?" So, of course, I asked, and she replied, "When I get nervous, I just start cleaning."

We were going to meet Shelly and Colton at the movie theater. On the way there, she started spraying to peppermint spray we keep in the car for car sickness. I said, "Are you okay? Are you car sick?" She said, "I think I'm gonna puke, but I'm not car sick. I'm just SSSOOO nervous." She said, "Look, I'm STILL cleaning." (I let the kids write on the car windows with dry erase markers, and she was forcefully wiping them down.) Then she asked, "Mom, when we get there, what snack should I get?" I said, "Well, you usually get a movie meal." She said, "Yeah, but I don't want to look like a baby!!" I said, "Kylee, sometimes I get movie meals." She said, "Yeah, so does Mom Mom. Okay. I'll get a movie meal."

When we got to the theater, she couldn't even look at him. He was so sweet and told her he wanted to buy her a movie meal (YAY!), and they sat side by side (but she told me I had to sit on her other side) to watch the movie. When the movie was over, she still could hardly look at him, but they made plans to get together again soon. As SOON as we were in the car, they were texting back and forth and have been ever since.
AWWW, puppy love! I was going to take pictures, but I didn't want to TOTALLY mortify her. Maybe next time.

When my in-laws asked me what I wanted for my birthday, I told them I wanted a fountain like the one my father-in-law had made for their house. So this weekend, Jimmy came to install it. It is SSSOO awesome!!! He and Joey installed it, and it is BEAUTIFUL. This is what it looked like before Joey added his touches.
After Joey's touch


Isn't it AWESOME!!!! BIG THANK YOUS to Jimmy and Polly!!

Well, tomorrow is a big day in the Onick household! There will be pictures (and stories, I'm sure) of the first day of school tomorrow.

Home is where MY heart is!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...