8/11/09

Don't Agnore Me!

What a week! School is in full force and effect, including homework for BOTH kids!

Kylee, of course, LOVES it and is ALREADY teacher's pet. Her homework is so hard, though, that I can't help her....not that I ever was good at math, but come on, it's FIFTH grade. Whatever. Thank God for Joey. She has her first male teacher, and he is the coolest ever, apparently. I personally think he's a genius. He is VERY strict, I mean VERY strict. If they don't say, Yes, sir, that's a problem. But...he masks it. He lets them chew gum in class, well, until the FIRST time he finds gum somewhere other than their mouths or the trash can. You KNOW it won't be long before those 10 and 11 year old kids put it somewhere else, but then he can blame it on them. For rewards, they can either have a free dress pass or give him 12 songs and he'll burn them a CD. See, for 10 and 11 year olds, that's GENIUS! If he didn't let them chew gum or make them CDs, he would be so mean. Instead, he's so cool. Genius. She also feels really grown up because she gets to pick Blaine up from the Y.

Blaine, on the other hand, is used to BEING in charge at Terry's, talking when he wants, and it doesn't work in Mrs. Murphy's class. Every day in their agendas, she puts a red, yellow, or green dot. Pretty self explanatory, right? Well, Thursday he had a "Lellow dot" for talking too much. When I asked him what happened, he informed me that people were talking to him, and he HAD to answer them. "What do you want me to do, Mommy, AGNORE them?" ugh! He got another "Lellow dot" yesterday for talking too much. Houston, we have a problem. To top it off, he's had a head cold for about a week. He LOVES that he's a big boy and doesn't have to take naps, though. Saturday he was ssoo grouchy (and didn't feel good) that I told him he had to lay down. He told me he was too big for naps. I told him just to take a rest. He was so crabby and didn't feel good and we had plans for that night, so he HAD to. He said fine but he was a kindergartener and was not going to close his eyes, just watch TV. This is how I found him in less than 5 minutes.


One night last week, Joey and I were sitting in the back yard, (because, after all, it is our NEW habit to sit out there and just be together after the kids go to bed since we have a beautiful backyard with a nice fountain and all) giving the dogs their bed time treats and love. I was loving on Winchester, and Remington came over to be part of it. Chester just reached over and slapped him in his face like a human. It was hysterical!

Since I got my fire pit for my birthday from Dad and Dawn (Thanks, guys! I LOVE it!!), the kids have been BEGGING to do smores. So after a long week back to school, I decided they deserved something fun. We invited the Hayes over for burgers, dogs (hot dogs, that is), and smores. The kids had SUCH a good time.

Jack and Blaine eating their hot dogs in the clubhouse of the swing set


Kylee and Katy getting ready for smores


Roasting the marshmallows


It was really a blast.

I'm thinking about camping out in our backyard Friday night and trying to see if we can see any of the meteor shower. I had friends last night say they saw nothing but a few falling stars, but we'll see if anybody gets any better results tonight. Maybe I'll be the cool mom and let them camp out on a school night. We'll see.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...