8/3/09

First day of school

*****UPDATE**********************************************************
So the first day of school is over. Both kids had a good day overall.

When I picked up Blaine, the first thing he said to me was, "Mommy, Mrs. Murphy is the bestest teacher EVER!" Then he said, "But I need to tell you a secret." I bent over, and he whispered in my ear, "A kid on the slide called me a fat ass." I said, "What happened?" He said, "Well, I was going up the slide with my friends, and he told me, Move you fat ass. And then I said, Whatever, dude. And he said, You're not in my class, and you're not my friend. You're just a fat ass. So I said, Whatever." I said, "Did you tell the teacher?" He said, "No, Mommy, I'm not a tattletale!"

Kylee LOVES her first male teacher! He's "so cool" but very strict. "Mom, if we don't say Yes, sir, he does NOT like it. She was also called a name. Some boy told her she looked like a chola. My porcelain skinned, white as they come and doesn't tan blue-eyed girl looks like a chola? Whatever!

***********************************************************************
Today was the day, first day of school. My first born started FIFTH grade, and my BABY started kindergarten.

**Excuse me while I collect myself.**

Both got up this morning with no problem, ate breakfast, and got dressed. When I brought Blaine's uniform down for him to get dressed, he said, "But I wanted to wear my Spiderman shirt." I said, "Blaine, you don't get to pick what you wear anymore. You have to wear a uniform, just like your sister." He said, "I wish I was still a boy." I didn't respond, just let it go. Kylee, of course, didn't talk much before she was dressed. She never does.







When we got to the school, Blaine was very lovey dovey with his sister. He wanted her to walk by him. Then he asked if I could take a picture by the doors to the school. He posed, and I went to take the picture. THen he said, "I want Diddy in my picture!"

We went upstairst to Kylee's room first, since we had already been to Mrs. Murphy's room at kindergarten orientation last week. While we were there, he was standing close to her, hugging her, just wanted to be close to her.


We met Kylee's teacher, Mr. Garcia. I really like him, from the little time I spent with him. His room is totally decorated in Redskins stuff. He was playing some kind of card game with Kylee when I left. Of course, she DID NOT want me taking pictures in her classroom, but I turned the flash off on my camera and just snuck one in.

Then I took Blaine down to his classroom with Mrs. Murphy. We walked in and she was handing out name tags.
He put his on, turned around, and said, "I love you. Bye."
I said, "Do you want me to leave?" He said, "Why not? If you want to stay, you can stay. I don't care." I said, "I think I will for a minute." Then when I went to leave, it was so no big deal.

And so it begins. Wish us luck!

1 comment:

Christy Martinez Pecos,Tx said...

Oh how sweet both of them looked....looks like a have such a great relationship! By the way I LOVEEEEE to read blogs.....I may check by often..lol it's just so relaxing~ I hope they have a good school year!! My oldest will be a Sophmore this year and started football two a days this morning *tear* and my middle child will be a 6th grader and my baby is a 5th grader! My how the time flies!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...