8/15/12

The Great Escaper

Remember Rocket? You may have to go back and read his post because I don't talk about him much {read: ever}. I love our pets. You all know I do. I don't love Rocket. I mean, really, y'all, he's a rodent. And he bites. Hard. Just because he's only bitten me doesn't negate the fact that the rodent bites. Hard.

I tolerate him, though, because Kylee loves him. Kinda. She's been willing a couple of times to get rid of him or give him away, but at a price. I'll get rid of him if... I'll give him away if... I haven't played in to her stipulations. Yet. So for now, she's still in love with him.

When we came back from Balmorhea, though, he was gone. I don't know how, but he wasn't in his cage. I didn't not publicize the fact that I didn't really care. He had just escaped, and I was okay with eventually finding his carcass somewhere.

Last night, Blaine was going down the stairs to get one last something before bed, and Joey was coming through the living room to head up the stairs. Blaine started screaming, "I found Rocket! Hurry! Come get him! I found Rocket!" I was laying in my bed reading, and I didn't move. I figured Joey could collect his carcass, help Kylee bury him, and console her. Only he wasn't dead. As I heard the commotion grow, I finally got up to see what was going on. Kylee was screaming, "NO!" And Blaine was laughing. Then I saw Joey running and falling on the floor. His cell phone and sunglasses went flying and crashing on the floor. Kylee had grabbed the dogs to keep them from gobbling him up, while Blaine was still cracking up. Chaos, y'all.

Joey caught him and put him back in his cage. Kylee hugged me, so happy he was 'home'. I went back to bed.

This morning, he's gone again. I have the same feelings. I have no idea how he is getting out, but he has, once again, performed The Great Escape. Good riddance, I say. Only I don't say it outloud.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...