4/9/12

Bad Thursday and Good Friday

Thursday morning Kylee, Mom Mom, and I headed to Clovis. Blaine had to stay because he had a game Thursday night, and they didn't have enough players for him to miss. So he and Joey and Dad Dad decided to come up Friday.

As hard as I tried to get to Clovis, the New Mexico authorities kept stopping me! I got two speeding tickets in one day! And my mother was with me. Too bad luck wasn't.

Later Thursday, Kyle and his family joined us, along with Aunt Charlene, Glen, and Kim.

Grandmommy's store didn't get the memo that it was Good Friday, so we spent the day grocery shopping for the party, coloring,
reading,
visiting,
and relaxing
without her.

We were going to wait for Blaine to get in to color easter eggs, but they got a later start than expected, and we had eight dozen to color. We decided to go ahead without him, but we saved him a dozen just for him.


After we got the eggs colored, minus Blaine's, Kylee and Grandmommy filled the plastic ones with IOUs. Grandmommy actually had the coins, but she didn't want to end up with coins in the lawn mower, so they wrote IOUs and stuffed the eggs.

Then Grandmommy pulled out the kicker of the weekend for the girls. There is no toy in the world that they would have spent as much time with or been more excited about. 1-2-3 cake. They mixed their mix, added some water, and threw their cup in the microwave and viola...cake!

I bet those girls made 675 cakes. It was a fight to see who got to make the next person that walked in the room's cake. In fact, Kylee and I just got back from the grocery store getting stuff for 1-2-3 cakes.

And then finally my Blaine showed his face at Grandmommy's. He didn't want to eat. He wanted to color his eggs, and so I let him. No, the girls aren't helping him. As much as they wanted to, I didn't let them. They are sitting there making more 1-2-3 cakes, for probably nobody in particular.

After Blaine finished coloring his eggs, Mom Mom pulled out the Easter baskets. In getting ready for Hawaii, Myra and I got Yellow Box flippies (my FAVE), Joey and Kyle got Air Dry shirts, and the kids got rashguards. Kellie, always our clown, was soul surfer,
reminicent of last year.

While Blaine and McKenzie chilled behind the Murphy bed, Kylee and Kellie gave Grandmommy the pretty routine massage they give her. Next thing I knew, they were holding her by both hands, taking her to her bedroom to "put her gown on and put her to bed." (I didn't get a picture of this because Myra and I were trying to not so literally put our boys to bed in a game of hand and foot.) The girls came back in about 15 minutes, sans Grandmommy. We didn't see her again until the next morning, but we did find this sign on her bedroom door. Loved it!

And with that, I'm tired. I'm going to bed for now, too. There is more to come on our annual Easter Saturday with Grandmommy...just not tonight.

BTW, Grandmommy, Kylee has made no less than five 1-2-3 cakes as I typed this, both chocolate and red velvet. She said to tell you the red velvet is the best.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...