1/30/12

Kylee's Hopeful Journey to NJHS

National Junior Honor Society. What an honor! It all started with a text.
































I'm so proud of her! She came home with all the paperwork she had to fill out.



























































































































































She asked Mr. Garcia and Miss Eva to write recommendation letters for her. When she came home with Mr. Garcia's letter, she could not wait for me to read it. She called me at work to read it to me. After reading it, she said, "Mom, it even looks all official!!"


It brought tears to my eyes! I mean, it's one thing for us to think she's great, but for a teacher that put up with her and 30 other 5th graders day in and day out to think she's great, too! A proud moment, for sure!



















Miss Eva's was just as amazing! She, too puts up with a lot of prepubescent young ladies on a daily basis, and she, too, thinks ours is amazing. *tear*
































Kylee also had to write a letter for herself, telling why she thought she was qualified and deserved this opportunity. I so wanted to help her and change things she wrote to make it "better". But the more I read it, the more I realized, it doesn't get better than that she can do this on her own without my twist on it.


After all, I didn't get her an opportunity to be selected for NJHS. She did. I didn't get the amazing recommendations. She did. I didn't fill out the paperwork. She did. And I didn't write her letter. She did. And I couldn't be more proud of the girl she's become. And I didn't do that either. She did.

We made copies of the recommendation letters because she wanted to keep the originals to frame for her room. Can't say I blame her!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...