1/7/12

Tweenage Daughter

Kylee cleaned out her 'nursery' (more because she THINKS she is too old for them, rather than FEELS like she's told old for them. amen.) to have more room in her bedroom for 'older' stuff. Then she found a futon online that she decided she wanted. She didn't get it for Christmas. I think Santa decided she'd rather have an iPad than a futon, so she didn't get the futon.

She was using her iPad to look at futons again while we were in Ruidoso. She couldn't find the exact one she had found before, but she found one she liked better. As she was showing it to me, Pops asked her what we were looking at. When she explained it to him, he handed her the money and said, "GET IT!"

So she did. (Excuse the iPhone pictures. They were to text to Pops when it came in!)

She is so excited to have this in her room. Every time I walk by, she is on it...on the iPad. She spent so much time in her room right after she got the futon (or whatever it is), cleaning it up, organizing it, getting it just right. Then she posted this picture on Facebook with the caption, My room, homies. It did my heart good to know she was proud enough of her room for it to go on Facebook. But when I realized how teenage her room looked, it knocked me back a few steps! Then when I saw her profile picture on Facebook it knocked the breath out of me!

I'M NOT OLD ENOUGH TO HAVE AN ALMOST TEENAGE DAUGHTER!!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...