1/8/12

Future Gold Digger?

Today I sit and wonder if my Kylee is a future gold digger, UTEP Gold Digger, that is. The Gold Diggers are the dance team at UTEP. Kylee's dance team was invited to dance at the girls' basketball game at Don Haskins for two Sundays. Today was the first and only that was nationally televised on Fox Sports Network.

It's been a long time since I've seen my girl nervous before a dance performance. She told me last night she was a little nervous. She's such a natural, and the stage is about the only place she isn't shy. When we walked through the tunnel this morning, I sensed her nervousness. When I asked her if she was still nervous, she jumped on my case about why I posted that she was dancing at the game on Facebook. Nope, she didn't answer my question. Yup, I knew she was nervous. She told me if she had wanted it on Facebook, she would have put it on Facebook. Ooops. hehe

The girls got to go out on the court to practice a little before the game started,
and then went back in the tunnel to...to do what dancers do when their coach takes them backstage.

The Lady Miners had a tough first half. The only real enjoyment in the first half of the game was Pete.
At halftime, the Miners were losing by 17 points.

Kylee's halftime show was specutacular! She sucked up her nerves, smiled the whole time, and shook her tail feather. She really may be a future Gold Digger. Her familyEverybody agreed they were actually as good, if not better than those girls!

The second half, the Miners came back to play, and play they did! They came back from their deficit and won the game. It was exciting for most of us. Kylee went to dance, though, and that's all she was really interested in.

We took pictures with her supporters
and went to eat.

While the girls were in the tunnel, Kylee knowing her mother would want pictures used her iPad for a picture with her company.


We DVR'd the televised game while we were there. Despite Kylee looking at the big screen while dancing and seeing herself on it, when we watched the game at home, the halftime show was not televised. Good thing her mama videoed it! We will do it again the 29th.


**DISCLAIMER** It's stage makeup, people, only stage makeup!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...