9/25/11

Whose Gift Is It?

Did I mention the 30th anniversary party wasn't actually over? On their anniversary, we gaveDad Dad and Mom Mom a trip to Dallas to stay at Great Wolf Lodge again and go to a Texas Ranger Game.

I have to stop and give Doak major kudos here for planning and organizing this trip. He did an amazing job, and all Kyle Myra and I did was book our own family's rooms and write a check to him. So thanks, Doak!

Friday we all headed to the big D. Doak and Kyle drove their families, while the El Paso bunch flew. Kyle left earlier than Doak, and my family left earlier than Dad Dad and Mom Mom, so we got there at almost the same time.

We finally got to give McKenzie her birthday present.
She's going to be 'Sepatariat's' jockey for Halloween. Since we were talking about Halloween, I told her that Kylee was thinking about being Strawberry Shortcake. She told me to be sure I put 'frinkles' on her face.

Then we hit the water park for the hour and a half we had before it closed.This is the only picture I have from the waterpark Friday night. Kylee and Kellie took off by themselves, and the rest of us were on the tube rides with the kids. I'm not willing to risk my prized camera in the water, so this is all I got. Then Joey and I headed to the airport to pick up Dad Dad and Mom Mom while Kyle, Myra, and the kids ordered pizzaand waited on Doak's family.

The next morning, we were up and at 'em, ready to get all the time we could in at the waterpark before we went to see the Rangers play the Seattle Mariners. I got thispicture of the 'big' girls before they, once again, ditched us for their own fun. I got plenty of pictures of the littles, though,since they had to hang out with us. There was also some cominglingwhen the adults would go with the kids on the Tornado, or take the littles on the 'family ride' in one big tube, or when the big girls came to play with the baby.

After a few hours of water fun, it was time to shower and head to the ball game. We got all the girls dressed with their bowsAndrea got them, got grandparents/kids pic,(I just realized Michael is missing!! What the heck?!)took a power nap in the car,and arrived at Ranger Ballpark!
Thanks, again, to Doak, we had ah-maze-ingseats that were even in the shade, and the whole rowwas the Painter tribe! Blaine spent a lot of his time training on Dad Dadabout how this game works, while Kylee spent a lot of her time with Kellie keeping Brodieentertained. All the kids took their turn on the teeset up in the stadium. After a family picture, we left the game headed back to Great Wolf Lodge.

The kids (of all sizes) had a little more fun in the water, then there was eating
tattoos

ice cream

and dance lessons in the hallway
before bed.

Then this morning before our goodbyes, there was one more Painter tribe photo op.


As I look back at these pictures from the weekend, I wonder whose gift this really was? I mean, it seems to me the grandKIDS had way more fun than the grandPARENTS. But, ya know, I guess when you've been married 30 years and still walk into the
ballpark like this,it doesn't really matter, does it?

2 comments:

Scott said...

That was an Awesome story! and fantastic pictures... Keep it up!

Stephanie said...

Thanks, Scott!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...