9/18/11

My MVP

We had our first coach-pitch loss last night. It sucked. Especially since it was to a team that was obnoxious and rude. I can't stand that. It makes me want to punch them in the face. I mean, really. That's awful, but I just get so upset. It probably doesn't help that their first obnoxious-ness was directed at my son. As Rachel on Big Brother would say, "Nobody messes with my man son!"

On Blaine's first up-to-bat, they questioned the bat. The umpire declared it an illegal bat, and called Blaine out before he even swung the bat. He cried. I fumed. The worst part was when they called the 'head' ump in, the bat, in fact, was not illegal, but the out stood. Whatever. This mom was hot.

He shook off his cry quicker than I shook off my fuming. Good boy, he is. Sportsmanlike conduct. I should be more like him. When he got on defense, he made a triple play. My boy. Then at his next at-bat, he hit the ball harder than I wanted to hit the other coaches. Homerun. That's right, folks, his first in-park home run, with two runners on base. Talk about upping his stats. Take that, Pirates! I'm not really sure who was more excited, me or Blaine. His 100-watt smile warmed my heart.In the next inning, he made a double play. He got the game ball. He deserved it. Although we lost, my MVP had an amazing game!

I love that he transitions from my baby boy who I found in the backyard this morning blowing bubbles in his flippies and cowboy hatto a team player on his team.

After the game, we went to Pizza Hut with some of his favorite players and their families. The kids got their own tables,and Kylee even brought games and prizes for the girls. She's such a nurturing soul and going to be an amazing babysitter...sooner than I'd like to think about.

It was Pat's (David Angel's mom) birthday. I told David not to bring her to Pizza Hut with the team on her birthday, but they showed anyway. So Carlo and Marina got a cake, and we celebrated with her.(On a side note, this family just lost their 19-year old cousin from sudden heart failure. His mom, Rosie, is a court reporter, and works with me at the courthouse. Please keep the Moreno family in your prayers as they recover from this unimaginable loss.)

I'm so proud of Blaine and his sportsmanship and love of the game. Today we head to another dance performance for Kylee.

Living our lives on dance stages and baseball diamonds...

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...