9/10/11

Kylee's Karnival

Last night was Kylee's carnival at Walter Clarke. She is so like her Mom Mom, in that anything that comes up that somebody needs help getting things together, coordinating, working, helping, whatever, she is in. The carnival was a fundraiser for the student council.

She volunteered to make 48 cupcakes for the cake walk. Since she had dance Thursday night, she made them all Wednesday night. Then carried 48 cupcakes, her instrument, her backpack, and a three liter bottle of coke she also volunteered for the ring toss to school Thursday morning...with a little help from her not-so-happy brother, which is a whole other story.

The carnival was yesterday from 4-8, so she just stayed after school. After I picked up Blaine from Dad Dad (and more than one 'sugar' game of 'gold' fish), he and I went to check it out.

We found Kylee and Lilahworking the washer booth, so we got Blaine some tickets so he could participate in the carnival, too. His sister showed him how to get started,and we were off.

While she finished up her "shift", Blaine and I went to check out all the other stuff. He punted a football, run in the hamster ball,, went fishing, and threw a pie in Jill's face.When Kylee's shift was over, she came to play with us a while.When Blaine was out of tickets, we went home to Daddy, while Kylee stayed with her friends at the carnival.

I realize this post is Kylee's Karnival and most of pictures are of Kylee's brother. That's the problem with middle school. SHe is way too busy with her duties and friends to hang out with her family. Last night was the first glimpse I really got of her doing things on her own, and I hated it. Don't get me wrong, I'm proud of the fact she's involved and secure enough in herself to be out on her own, but it hurts this Momma's heart! As I watched all those middle schoolers run around and laugh and tease and throw shaving cream all over each other and run in the school sprinklers when they came on, it seemed like just yesterday I was in 7th grade and felt so grown up and old enought to do things w/out my mom and dad. All I could think last night was, in two short years she will be in high school, and in six short years out of my house. I'm sick. I must go.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...