9/19/11

Kylee's First Trip to the Bar

When I went to bed Saturday night, Kylee was still up. I figured she was old enough to stay up and know when and how to go to bed without me telling her to put her pajamas on and get comfortable. Evidentally, I was wrong. When I got up Sunday morning and went downstairs, thisis what I found. Maybe my attempts on backing off of her a little are premature. Maybe they aren't. Maybe I should just leave her alone, let her sleep in her clothes, in a chair, and be ok with it. This parenting thing needs a manual.

Later she had a dance performance for 'Punks For Pups'. It was held at House of Rock. We had no idea what or where this place was. When we walked in, it was a bar...like a hard-core bar. It smelled like college days. You know, like a...well, a bar. And it had concrete floors and...well, look.It's a bar. I never imagined they would be dancing for the adoption of puppies at a bar!

Before the dances began, they brought in some puppies that were for adoption. Blaine was enthralled.The news cameras were there, and everybody was so excited.

After the puppies were there and the girls had done their stretching,they danced their hearts out.My girlThey did such a great job, I totally forgot I was in a bar with my children.





P.S. The news cameras were there, and the Kylee was so excited to be on the news. I was excited for her. She has her mother's luck. When we recorded the ten o'clock news later, the event was on the news. The dancers didn't make. But Blaine did!
Click to watch Blaine on Channel 4 News El Paso
I was so sad for her. She does such a great job I wanted her to get the recognition she deserved. She didn't, and I couldn't be more proud of the way she handled. She showed no disappointment. Good girl, she is. Maybe I should be more like her. (This is becoming a them with my children and me.)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...