2/27/09

Women, Wine and Shoes

That was the name of the American Heart Association Benefit Kylee and I went to last night with the Lisa's (ha!) and their girls. The girls felt really grown up and loved bidding in the silent auction. They couldn't figure out why a mani/pedi was so expensive, though. I rushed home after work to get Kylee dressed in the required red. The only red she had in her closet were heavy sweaters (it was 80 degrees yesterday) or ratty old red t-shirts. I told her to throw on her white capris and red flippies and we would run to Justice to get her a red top. We get there, and EVERYTHING is Easter egg colors.....NO red. NOTHING! The benefit started at 6:00; it was 5:40, and we were on the OPPOSITE end of town. I was desperate! I run back to the sale rack to see if there is red there, and on my way back I see a really cute RED cami with lace on the neck and hem line. So I think, gotta put this under something, ANYTHING! Then I saw the cutest white shrug with studs on it. (She's wearing white capris and red flippies.) Threw it together, grabbed a red studded headband, thought we were done. Then Roxy (the girl who works at Justice, has done all the b-day parties Kylee has been to and has promised to do hers, too) told Kylee she'd fix her hair for her if she wanted. 20 minutes and $30 later, she walked out of there looking like a million bucks! Did I bring my camera? NO!!!! But the newspaper took a picture of all three girls, and I hope! I hope! they either put it in the paper or post it on their website so I can get a copy of it. In the meantime, I'll post a picture of the three girls another night.

1 comment:

mbc said...

Don't leave home without it--your camera, that is.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...