6/2/12

Summer 'Do

Blaine has been begging for a mohawk, just for the summer. I have never had a problem with hair. I figure if their grades, attitudes, and behavior is good, why not? Pick your battles. His Daddy, on the other hand, was totally against it. I even posted on our Facebooks to get opinions from other people. My aunt, Lori, suggested a faux hawk. Blaine was all for that, too. His Daddy, not so much!

We left it alone for a while, but after all of his awards and teeth problems and going to miss the beach with Dad Dad and Mom Mom for baseball play offs, on the second to last day of school, Blaine and I broached the subject with Daddy again...and he agreed!! Blaine got out of school yesterday at noon, and we had a haircut appointment for two.

Before shot

The making of a faux hawk
The new beloved faux hawk
He's in love with it! The first thing he said was, Can I do this every summer? The second thing he said was, Can I make it look good and fix it up before Hawaii?

On other, not so exciting news, he had his initial appointment with the pediatric dentist yesterday. Just since last week when we saw our dentist, the 'bad' tooth, the one they were going to crown, has deteriorated to the point it now has an abscess. The dentist would push on it, and say, I know that hurts, Blaine. And he would say, No it doesn't. I was told they aren't sure if he's just weird, or if he has a very high tolerance for pain because that should really hurt. So now they have to pull that tooth, and crown the one we thought they would just fill. He goes in on June 13th to have it done. They will not put him under general anesthesia, but they will sedate him. Pray for him, and I will update.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...