6/4/12

Remington Update

Just thought I'd give a little update on Remington. He continued to improve throughout the week, but he was still walking like an old man. I was still not comfortable with it, and Joey thought he was constipated. Don't ask me why! Maybe that's how he feels when he's constipated. (I hope I don't get in trouble for that. I just was never sure why he thought he was. I mean, it's not like we follow him outside to see if he does his business. But to give the husband some credit, it's also not like he was moving much at all, so I guess we may have seen him do his business last week!)

ANYwho, Friday morning, I took him to see our vet. He, indeed has his usual, chronic ear infections, which they packed with an antibiotic. He was not, in fact, constipated. (Yes, there is a way to test that. I won't be going into it.) My poor little furry guy has arthritis. That's the bad news. The good news is, they do have doggie arthritis medicines. They gave him a shot of cortozone to help him feel better, and we started him on his regular regimen of the meds he will take the rest of his life.

And he is back to the Remington we know. He wags his tail, and he walks normally. He jumps up to greet us, and he is crazy about his bones. His only real complaint now is Kylee is in Pecos with Kellie, and he is going crazy looking for her. He's even gone in her room to whine. So now if we could just get our girl back in our home, we'd all be doing just great!

Thanks for praying for Remington. You know, if you did, 'cause we were on our knees a lot worried about him!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...