6/28/12

Cousins and Friends

While Kellie and McKenzie were here, we did more than just celebrate Mom Mom's birthday. The girls came in Thursday night, and, of course, my kids were over there in a flash. McKenzie looked so big, we decided to measure her against Blaine.
Notice the big girls in the background. They are hiding under the blanket because they had just come in from the pool, stripped their swimsuits, and got under the blanket.

McKenzie really wanted to go home with me, but I had to work Friday, so I PROMISED her she and Blaine could stay with me Friday night. So after swimming with Mom Mom and Dad Dad all day, stay with me, they did!

Joey ended up going to a birthday BBQ and didn't get home until late (or early, however you wanna see it), so the kids slept with me. The next morning, after breakfast and Soul Surfer,
we headed to Mom Mom's. Though I had spent the morning with the littles, I felt like Mom Mom had kept the littles when I saw the big girls.
After the birthday party and Madagasgar 3, the kids were back in the pool!
Yes, Dad Dad really was there all weekend. I have no idea why I don't have pictures of him! Maybe he was inside watching the Olympic tryouts.

Sunday, Kylee danced at the Cowtown Boots Flea Market and carnival. While she was getting ready to perform, the Kellie, McKenzie, and Blaine played.

And rode the bull!
And then she performed. Somebody from the news station and the newspaper was there recording and taking pictures of her duet. She's so excited! We're still watching to see if she appears there.

Cousins by blood -- friends by choice. ~~ Darlene Shaw

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...