6/10/12

Sum-Sum-Summertime

Summertime is here, and my kids are loving it!

Kylee headed to Pecos with Mom Mom last Saturday to see Dad Dad, who has been working so hard. She was supposed to come back Sunday, but she decided to stay and visit. She finally came home Wednesday.

Blaine was kinda stuck with the parentals because he was in the middle of baseball playoffs. Last Sunday, though, we made it fun for him, too, and invited his baseball buddies and their familes to Dad Dad and Mom Mom's for an impromptu swimming party.I'm never sure, when we get the baseball buddies together, who is having more fun, Blaine or Daddy. The sisters of the baseball buddies love Kylee so much! They were so sad she wasn't there. I was watching Leah jump in with her floaties on, and it reminded me so much of Kylee. I showed her a picture of Kylee jumping in with her floaties on (which is at Mom Mom's and I don't have a copy of), and she wanted her picture made just like Kylee. Kylee came home Wednesday, with plans to leave us again Friday to go to the beach with Dad Dad and Mom Mom. Again, Blaine was going to be stuck with us because of playoffs. On Thursday night, though, we had a heartbreaking loss that freed him up to head to Port Aransas, too. So Friday morning, they headed out for a week.

I knew they would have a great time, but the selfish side of me did not want them to go! I was pretty sure when I got this picture entitled 'Banana Split Break' on their trip up there, they were not missing us! Then when I got this picture yesterday I was sure of it.

I'm so glad they have these amazing travel opportunities and even more amazing quality time with Dad Dad and Mom Mom. But I'm lonely. FaceTime is going to be my lifesaver this week.

I wish I were 13 or 8 and could be having the time they are having! I wouldn't change it for the world for them!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...