10/4/11

In Sickness and In Health

Saturday was kind of a weird day at our house. I felt awful and was ready to just sleep. The boys had baseball practice and then went hunting with Papa. Kylee had dance, did not want to go hunting, so she was stuck home with me after dance. This girl is never boring.

Our neighbors were having an open house all weekend to sell their house. As I was lounging on the couch, all of a sudden, Kylee is carrying bags of stuff outside. When I got up to see what was going on, thisis what I found. She decided to take advantage of the people coming and going next door to make herself a little money! She made $15! Every time she would sell something, she would come back in the house looking for more stuff to sell.

When the crowd seemed to be dwindling down, she and I ordered Outback Steakhouse takeout and cuddled up on the couch with a movie. I was already feeling much better. We were finished with our supper and our movie before the boys got home. I think they stayed at Papa's after hunting to watch the Yankees play.

Sunday was pretty typical. I did laundry, except it was double since I didn't get it done after Dallas last weekend. Kylee headed back out for more sales, and this time her brother joined her.Blaine kept yelling at everybody that walked by or drove by, "Yard Sale! Yard Sale! We're having a yard sale!" His sister did not find it humerous...at all. She said he was scaring them away instead of bringing them in. She quit him. She only stayed out there with him long enough to make $1.

After she came back in, it seemed the crowd got thick.He ended up making $25.

Kylee was not happy, not to mention the fact that he had been to Papa and Nana's the night before and got to see Chessie, their kitten. She went outside to talk to him, and he came in asking if we would take them to Clint to see Chessie. I think she killed two birds with one stone. She killed his sales and got to see Chessie so he couldn't say he saw her last.

So we went to Clint. It was actually a good time to go, since the kids are on intersession for the next two weeks. Otherwise, we wouldn't have headed out there at five o'clock on a Sunday.


On our way home, the kids decided to play the quiet game. After about five seconds, I realized how nice it was, so I said, "If you make it all the way home, I will give y'all something, too." Kylee starts sign language, telling me she wants a pen. I said, "NO, no notes." She dug around and found something to write on anyway. She passed me a note. I responded, "Well, nothing for you. I told you no notes." She sent the note back with a second line.She was hot! I mean, HOT!

When we got home, she stomped in the house. When I told her to get in the shower, she said, "You're not going on Facebook, are you?" All I said was, "Get in the shower." Then went straight to Facebook to thispost. She obviously wanted me to see it or she wouldn't have said anything.

Monday morning I took Superstar to work with me. She was invited, but she did not want to go. But Monday night while Superstar and his dad were at baseball practice, she and I went to see The Help. We are friends again...for now!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...