12/2/09

Snow in the desert!

So Monday morning we all get up to head to school and work, and it was COLD....but dry. I told the kids to get their hats and gloves. I took them to school and headed to work.

About ten o'clock, one of our attorneys came up and said they were talking about shutting down the courthouse at noon. I was shocked, so, naturally asked why. When he said the weather, I went to look out the window. This is what I saw.

I was floored...and SUPER excited! I couldn't figure out why the schools weren't closing, though. So I left the courthouse a little before noon to head home. When I got to the east side, NONE of these big snowflakes had hit yet, which explains why they hadn't closed. I built a fire, did some laundry, and went to get the kids.
By the time school was out, it was coming down the same way on the esat side.

When I got to the school, I was informed the Y had been cancelled. Of course, the Y didn't call me. It was only the school that told me when I got there. The poor teachers had to keep the Y kids in their rooms! Mari (the receptionist at the school) and I were talking about it. I told her I was VERY upset, but mainly because I hadn't been called. She said, You should be upset! You pay them.

Anyway, I got the kids and went home. It snowed ALL day. The next day school had a three-hour delayed start, and, boy, did my kids take advantage of it!




They were VERY upset when they had to come in and go to school, but then excited again to get to take their umbrellas to school!

(Sorry! That stupid car pulled out in front of me RIGHT when I took the picture. Then they went their separate ways!)

This is a view of the mountains from outside my window when I got to work that day.

Beautiful, isn't it. That's the Mexico side.

So yesterday the nurse called me that I needed to come get Kylee. (She has double ear problems!) When I went to check her out, Mari (from above) and Coach Leti (pretty self-explanitory) were visiting. Then Mari said, Leti, tell her what you heard Blaine say yesterday. They both died laughing, and Coach Leti said, "I was walking through the cafeteria after school yesterday, and I heard Blaine letting the girls at the Y have it! He said, My mom is VERY angry about you closing. She PAYS you to take care of me, and you didn't! (thanks, Mari!) And you didn't even call her. She's very angry, and you're probably going to get it."

Nice, huh?!!

The kids are both preparing for Christmas programs, Blaine's at school and Kylee has a dance performance next week. They are both doing Jingle Bell Rock. Blaine's moves are "top secret", though, so stay tuned!



1 comment:

mbc said...

Awesome honey! I hate that you didn't see the first flake fall, but what a cool sight when you weren't expecting it! So glad you and the kiddos have fun. I LOVE that new banner pic (and I LOVED the last one too).

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...