12/4/09

It's all about me!

Ok. So I usually tell on my kids on here, but today, well, I'm telling on myself.

Last night Kylee and I headed out to look for snow boots. We are going to Cloudcroft to cut down the Christmas tree Sunday -- not to mention the fact that today is the second day THIS WEEK (not this season, this WEEK) school and work have been delayed three hours due to snow -- and BOTH kids have outgrown their snowboots. I went yesterday at lunch to EVERY store in the mall with kids shoes, and NOT ONE PAIR of snow boots. Anyway, we head to WalMart (after Target and Payless) to find some.

The snow is, once again, coming down fast; the parking lot is a mess; and people are acting like the world owes them something. We are looking for a parking space, like everybody else, and this lady stops IN THE MIDDLE OF THE AISLE, puts on her hazards, and puts it in park. I sit there for a minute in shock, I guess, and then decided to go around her. She was PISSED! She jumped out of her car and start screaming at me! Then as I went on by, she hit the back of my truck with her hand....hard! Ok. now I'M upset! So I put the car in park and get out. As SOON as I get out, she jumps back in her car. Then she throws it in reverse and wheels into a parking spot. Little sweet, innocent, calm little me throws MY car in reverse and blocks her in this parking space she wanted so bad. Then I proceed to write down her license plate number.

Mind you, I had NO intentions of doing anything with it, but I wanted her to THINK I did. It worked. (teehee) This lady must have had a warrant for her arrest or something because her WHOLE tune changed! She started knocking on my window and saying, "Ma'am, I'm sorry. What are you doing? Please roll down your window! Please! I'm sorry!" I crack my window, just a bit, and say, "You have no right to touch another person's property. If you had just flipped me off, I would have chalked you up to all the other rude, entitled people in this world. But I work hard for the stuff I own, and you had NO right to hit my vehicle." I could not believe the change in this woman! She said, "Ma'am, I'm so sorry, so sorry. It was an accident." I said, "When you stuck your hand out and hit my window, scaring my child, that was NOT an accident. You intended to do it, and you did. And I don't intend to sit back and make you think it's ok." She said, "Please, ma'am. I'm sorry. I'm sorry. Do you want my parking space?" I said, "It was never about the parking space, and no, I don't want your parking space. I want your license plate number." I rolled up the window, wrote it down and left. She was STILL hollering how sorry she was.

As I drove away, Kylee said, "Mommy, are you really going to call the cops?" I said, "No, but I wanted her to think I was." She said, "Can I call? Give it to me! I'll call." MY child!!

P.S. NO SNOW BOOTS!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

OMG Steph! You get em! I would have done the same thing!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...