12/17/09

Jingle Bell Rock

Yesterday was Blaine's Christmas program at school. The moves for his dance have been "Top Secret" (his words) for a couple of weeks now. We all sat in anticipation waiting to see these top secret moves. They were all supposed to wear their uniform pants, a red shirt (with NO writing, Mommy!), and a Santa hat. Mom Mom gave Blaine an elf hat, though, that he LOVES. He calls it his "Head Elf" hat. He wanted to wear it sssoo bad. I told him I was sure Mrs. Murphy would be fine with that. When he walked in the door with his classmates, I melted. This is NOT a face only a mother can love, but it sure does make this Mommy's heart MELT!
When when he did his dance, I was a puddle of mush! You'll have to excuse my comments. I became "that" Mom when I couldn't see him. tehehe Don't worry, only Kylee heard me, and she's learned to just ignore me, too.

It was a neat day, another first. I'm running out of those firsts, so you'll just have to excuse when the "that" Mom comes out in me. Here is a picture of another first, his first teacher, Mrs. Murphy.

Last night we had to get ready for their Christmas parties today. A couple of students in Kylee's class from last year, one of which isn't even in her class this year, begged her to bring the Christmas wreaths again. Blaine decided that's what he wanted to take, too. So we made 75 Christmas wreaths. The kids put the red hots on all of them. They tried to back out a couple of times, but I wouldn't let them. They did a GREAT job!! We LOVE Christmas!

As I type this, they are up past their bed time (just a little! and it's half day and last day of school tomorrow) watching the Grinch. I better get off of here and go get them in bed.

P.S. For those of you that are technologically challenged, click on the word dance and it will take you to his video. It didn't want to load either. Ugh!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...