9/16/09

Oh hail!

It was a beautiful, sun-shiny day downtown all day. As I'm going to leave, a co-worker stops me and tells me that his wife is driving on Joe Battle (right by my house) and golf-ball size hail broke her windsheild. You can see NOTHING from downtown. It's beautiful!
Not believing him, I call Mom. She answers the phone, "Is it crazy where you are?" I said, "No, but I heard." She proceeds to tell me how crazy it is, looks like it's snowed all over the east side of town. The hail broke their skylight. Dan's truck is all beat up, etc., etc.
I head hom, beautiful ALL the way until about 3 miles from the house. Then it looks like a tornado has hit. There's trees all over the road, leaves, debri. The stoplights have no power. Windows are broken in most homes. People are all out in their yards picking up stuff.
Oh, hail, what a day!

The dents in Joey's truck that was sitting in the front of the house

The hail is stacked up around everything

Don't worry! They have shelter

Look at the size of that stuff!

It is EVERYWHERE!

Even still on the roof!


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...