9/13/09

Kylee 4 President!

We had an unexected kids-free weekend this weekend. The kids took a trip with Papa and Nana to Albuquerque to the State Fair. They got checked out of school early Friday, stayed in a hotel with an indoor swimming pool, went swimming, to the aquarium, AND the State Fair. Aunt Jackie met them, too, so they got to spend time with her. They were so excited when they came home with State Fair t-shirts, Blaine's blow-up SpiderMan, and Kylee's cuddly sea lion pup.

While they were gone, Joey and I went to his 20-year class reunion, slept until noon, and did NOT cook!

I did, however, work on Kylee's campaign for president. She is running for student council president. She had all these GREAT ideas, which you will see below. I told her I would give her $20, and Dad Dad told her he would also give her $20. So...Thursday night we're off to the stores to do some shopping.

Our original idea was to do, "A Vote for Kylee will keep you smiley." We were going to do yellow smiley faces for everything. Kylee, my trusting daughter, went to school and told all her friends what we were doing. The other little girl running for president decided to copy her with a slogan of, "I'll keep you smiley, not Kylee." So, of course we changed stradegies.

We started at Sam's because Kylee had decided she needed to bribe her classmates for votes. She wanted to get candy to put with her flyers for the bribes. She was very aware of how much money she had, and it's the first time I've seen my daughter compare prices. Priceless. She decided on Dum Dum lollipops, and we headed to Michael's.

She found some zebra ribbon as right away that she LOVED! Her campaign instantly became, Go Wild! Vote for Kylee! Then she decided pink and zebra were her colors.



She wanted to print some flyers, so we headed to Office Depot to find some pink paper. As soon as we walked in the door, she found heart-shaped sticky notes that were to become the lollipop notes. That is what I spent MY Saturday on, 200 hundred of these babies.

Oh, and she also wanted a shirt, which I also spent part of my weekend on.



She also found what we thought was pink paper to print her flyers on. On Sunday when she got home from her weekend with Papa and Nana and opened the paper, only the COVER was pink, not the paper. We had already made poster boards, sucker notes, AND the t-shirt, and I was NOT headed back to the store, so I told her she just had to make it work. Of course with my creative little computer-whiz, she did.


She stayed within her budget and worked really hard on this whole idea. She took all her stuff to school today, and the election is Wednesday.

GO WILD 4 KYLEE! KYLEE FOR PRESIDENT!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...