6/3/09

Memorial Day....eeeh..... Week

I think May may be busier around our house than December!! Seriously! (Kylee's new word that is rubbing off on me.) The worse part about it is Blaine's not even in school yet. I can't even IMAGINE next May! Anyway, because of the craziness of it all, this will probably be a very loaded and random post.

Kylee's last day of school was the Thursday before the Memorial Day weekend. The day before that she went on a field trip to the Student Activities Center for the school district. It's basically just an indoor/outdoor swimming pool with slides and play areas.

Kylee went last year, and I never gave it a second thought. Mom Mom was very nervous about it, but not me. This year when she brought the permission slip home, I signed it and sent it back, again, without a second thought. The Friday before she was a supposed to go, a 14-year old here in town drown on a school field trip to Wet & Wild. Okay. Now I'm freaked! So I got home and ask her, "Kylee, what happens if your parents don't let you go to the SAC center?" She said, "You either stay at home or stay at school with a substitute." I said, "Are you sure you don't want to miss school that day and just stay with me?" She, of course, was appalled. "Mom, I'll be fine! I can swim, seriously!" I just kind of dropped it.
The night before, I asked her again, promising her fun activities. Again, I was "seriously" overreacting. So in a last ditch effort the morning OF the field trip AS I drop her off at school, I say, "Kylee, I'll take you wherever you want for lunch! After work, we'll go get our piggies done!" "MOM, STOP! SERIOUSLY!!! I'LL BE FINE. YOU ARE TURNING INTO MOM MOM, SERIOUSLY!!"
Mirror, Mirror on the wall, I am my mother after all.
She went, had a great time, and was safe.

The next day, she was out of school, and now she is a 5th grader. SICK!!! Even more sick, my BABY will start kindergarten this year!! *TEARS* Blaine keeps telling EVERYBODY that when Diddy goes back to school, he's going with her! He's SSOO excited.

For Memorial Day weekend, Dad Dad's friend needed to borrow his truck, so he would lend him his car for the weekend. Turns out, he can borrow Dad Dad's truck whenever he wants, and the whole family concurs. I'm sitting at work on Friday (the day after Kylee gets out of so she went to spend the day with Dad Dad, OF COURSE) and I get a text message (that now nobody has because everybody got new phones...ugh!) of she and Dad Dad IN the car cruising all morning.
Before the weekend was out, everbody got a ride....yes, even me, but I'm the picture-taker, remember?




That weekend was also Kylee's dance recital. You have to be there early to get a good seat, so Joey and I dropped Blaine off with Dad Dad and Mom Mom and went early. They don't open the doors until 30 minutes before show time, but you have to be there an hour or an hour and a half before to get a decent seat, so we had to wait outside. We get in line, and the rain starts COMING DOWN!!! I wish somebody had taken a picture of us pressed up against the wall of the building, me in Joey's lap, umbrella over us, playing Yahtzee. I'm sure it was comical. We aren't allowed to video or photograph the recital, as they sell DVDs and pictures, but here are some I got when it was over. I'll post all her different outfits as the pictures come in.

Kylee and Miss Eva, her dance instuctor

Kylee and Lindsey, her BFF since birth



I had jury duty last week, and Blaine asked me if I could pick him up from Terry's early after my "judgey" duty. And here's a picture of him playing in the garage, just because there are so many of Kylee in this post.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...