4/2/09

Yee Haw Birthday Dinner

Friday night before his birthday on Sunday, Blaine left Cowboy (the stuffed dog) at Dad Dad and Mom Mom's house. As his Daddy went to go get it, I laid in bed with him for some "pillow talk." He kept asking me to tell him about the weekend. "Mommy, tell me about my party tomorrow." So I told him. Then he said, "And tell me about my birthday the next day when I'm five." I told him that after church, he could pick where we would have his birthday dinner. He was so excited!

Saturday night at midnight when he woke up puking, the Sunday plans kinda went down the drain. Honestly, I thought he felt so bad, he had just forgotten about it. WRONG! About 5:30 Sunday evening (he quit puking about noon but still wasn't eating), he announces that it is time to go to Logan's for his birthday. I told him that since he had been sick, I promised we would go the next day. He was so upset and told me that I had told him that he could make the decisions on his birthday, which I had. I said, "Blaine, you're not even eating. You don't feel good. Let's just wait until tomorrow, and I PROMISE we will go." He said, "I don't have to eat! Let's just go and let them sing Happy Birthday to me and say Yee Haw!" Bless his heart.

We didn't go Sunday night, but we did go Monday night. THey came out, sang Happy Birthday, said Yee Haw, and then wanted their picture take with the birthday boy.




(Yes, it's the same night. He just changed clothes while we were waiting on dinner becuase he had a tee ball game.)

1 comment:

mbc said...

Bless his cowboy heart. Yee Haw!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...