4/28/09

It won't be like this for long

If I could freeze time, I TOTALLY would!! These kids are so much fun! They are young enough to still call me Mommy, hold my hand, even if front of their friends, and think I'm cool. They are old enough to play with each other, entertain themselves, and actually enjoy being brother and sister.

I went on Kylee's field trip with her class Friday to see Earth and eat lunch at Peter Piper Pizza. She was so excited that I was there! I was even a bit surprised at HOW excited she was. Thrilled, but shocked. My sleeper child got up EARLY because she was so excited. At times she would hold my hand, kiss me, and act like she couldn't get enough of me. At other times, she was so involved in what was going on with the other kids, she forgot I was even there. It was PERFECT, just the way I would want it. It was really interesting for me to watch her interact with the other kiddos, and them her, at the time she forgot I was even around. I can't wait for next year....IF I'm "allowed" to go.

Blaine had a great t-ball game Saturday. Joey said to me Friday night (because the last three games we've been KILLED), "I really hope we get a team with some young kids on it. It sure would be nice to kick somebody's ass." hehe Which is EXACTLY what we did. Blaine is playing short-stop and TOTALLY obsessed with baseball. He is our first batter (according to him it's because he's the "goodest" batter), and this other team took a LONG time to get in the outfield. Blaine was always standing at home waiting on them to get out so he could bat. It was so entertaining to watch him talk to Max (his imaginary friend since he was 18 months old, for those of you who haven't met Max). He would be totally immersed in conversation with Max, but you could tell it was totally related to baseball. Then all of a sudden, he would just step back, take a few steps, and throw his imaginary ball. Priceless. He got three outs this game, and when the game was over, I told him, "You did so good today, Buddy. I saw you get those guys out. I'm so proud." My five-year-old-going-on-15-year-old said, "I was just doing my job, Mom. That's my job."

Sunday night, both kids were upstairs playing while Joey and I were downstairs. They really did play well together for hours. Listening to them laugh, talk, and play with each other was so sweet. Of course, it didn't last forever. Blaine came to tell us that his sister had played HIS video game, and then turned it off, but now wouldn't let HIM have a turn. I told him to ask her to come here. He turned and walked away to go tell her. I heard nothing else, but right before Kylee's face appeared before me, I heard her say, "Gosh, TATTLETALE!"

Kylee and I are going to see Hairspray on stage at the Plaza tonight. I will post pictures tomorrow.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...