9/21/12

Well "Baby" Check-ups

Joey took the kiddos to their 13-year and 8-year well "baby" check-ups Wednesday. I'm taking Friday (today, yee haw!) off to go to Austin for a girls weekend, and I didn't want to take both days. He's never taken them, but I figure they are old enough for him to handle it.

Everybody was happy and relaxed because we knew 13 and 8 are not shot years.

They did their hearing and eye tests

with perfect scores. Yay! Kylee is 5' 3/4" (and whole 1/4 of an inch shorter than me) and weighs 98 pounds. (We won't talk about our weight difference) Blaine is 49.5 inches, or 4'1" and weighs 52.8 pounds.

All went well. Until the flu shot was mentioned.

I wasn't there, so I don't know the exact story, but I have been there for the last 12 of these, so I can envision it. And I got a text from Joey asking about flu shots. They are asthmatic. They gotta have 'em. Then I got a text asking, Now or next week? I could not for the life of me figure out why next week! But then he said, Never mind. I got a moment alone with her, so now she's getting it. Then I realized KYLEE was trying to talk him out of it. I know exactly how it goes with her. Read: DISASTER! Then I got a text that said, I'm gonna beat her. hahaha Oh, I so know how he felt. Blaine, of course, never batted an eye.

Flu shots are over and everybody is fine. Last night, I swear Kylee looked just like her Aunt Jackie.

And today is western day at school for Blaine, even if he did try to fake sick this morning to keep me from going to Austin. When I told him he WAS going to school, he was obviously fine.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

It’s nice to let your husband take them to their annual medical checkup. I laughed when I read the part that your daughter tried talking her dad out of the shot. When I was a child, I remember that I would fight tooth and nail so I won’t get that injection. However, in the end I still got it, and I did not like it. Haha! This post made me remember my childhood years, so thanks for the post. ^_^

Oskar Aarden

Indian Crest Pediatrics said...

Oh, children can be so grouchy, yet very cute. :) Joey’s text about Kylee was funny, and I commend him for remaining calm and understanding! :D Anyway, congrats! I’m happy to know that Kylee and Blaine are both healthy. :)

Malachi Cates

Focus On Kids Pediatrics said...

Hi, Stephanie! It’s great to know that your kids did well on their checkups! They were very good! :D I love the photo in which Kylee and Blaine did their eye tests together. It seems that they’re loving siblings, huh!

Logan Rojas

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...