7/13/11

Balmorhea - Then and Now

I have gone to Balmorhea my whole life. I went with our parents for an afternoon swim. I went with friends from school. I even brought friends home from college and took them. But for the last ten years, I have gone with Mom Mom and Dad Dad and met my siblings with their spouses and kids for fun and sun. It honestly has become the thing I look most forward to in the summer.

2001, ten years ago, is when I had just begun using a digital camera, and I certainly wasn't carrying it everywhere yet. I know we have pictures from that year, but I don't have them as easily accessible as the next year, so these comparisons aren't from exactly ten years ago, but close.

While the ages of everybody and the number of children have changed,the fun is just as great!














The laughs are always great, but there are always different things happening to get the laughs. This year our rooms were on the "wrong side", meaning we figured out early on in our years that we wanted to side with the stream and evening shade. Mom figured it out before Joey and I left the house, so we brought our canopy for some shade. Saturday while we were all at the pool and Doak was at the rooms letting Brodie nap, a gust of wind came through and wrecked the already standing canopy. So Saturday evening as Kyle was trying to grill and we were all visiting, it was miserable. John and Joey sorta saved the day. They rigged the canopy for some shade.It may have looked redneck, but the shade made a huge diffence in the heat, so we were happy to be a redneck.

Of course, the babywho pretty much stayed by Kylee's side as often as possible, always gets the most pictures taken and gives good laughs. He loves his Daddy's beer. Maybe too much.

Now for my favorite picture of the trip. I was taking pictures of everybody jumping and diving and tubing, and Kyle informed me that none of his bare-bellied pictures were to end up on Facebook...until I took this beaut.I have his full permission to share this one. And if anyone asks, this was a double flip.

There was also the Summer Olympics, as there is every year, but since this post has taken me is so long, I'm going to reserve that for it's own post.

I <3 Balmorhea!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...