5/14/11

Kylee's UTEP Band Competition

Today Kylee performed at the UTEP Fox Fine Arts Center with her 6th Grade band.
Joey and Blaine already had plans to practice with the pitcher from the Diablos, so I went on my own. It was the shortest performance of the kids' I've ever been to. First I got lost. She performed at 11:20, so I left the house at 20 til 11, thinking that would give me plenty of time to get there. My navigator took me to the complete wrong place, but I knew where UTEP was, so I headed that direction to start looking. After driving around, not realizing I was 50 feet from the Fine Arts Center, I asked a student walking if he could direct me. He sent me completely out of the way...again. When I was driving back around, I spotted the school buses, so I stopped and asked them where I should be. They directed me to the right place. I pulled into my parking space at 11:19. I was so afraid I was going to miss it! When I walked in, they were already on the stage.
They played two songs...
Song 1
Song 2
...and it was over. They walked off the stage.I went outside to talk to Kylee a minute. She wouldn't let me take her picture, but then another girl's mom came up and took hers, so then it was allowed.She got on the bus to head to Peter Piper with her band friends, and I left. That was it. Ten minutes later, I was back in my car. The shortest kids' activity ever. It took me longer to find where she was than I was there. But it was totally worth it, and I'm so glad I went.
Great job, Clarke Band!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...