5/10/10

Mother's Day #12!

#12?! Wow! How old does THAT make me feel?! Ok. Enough of that. Moving on to my favorite part of Mother's Day...the kids' homemade gifts!

Kylee came home with a homemade card and bath salts. Ignore that I've already used the bath
salts. Baths are my favorite, you know, so I used them right away. She used Epsom salt and Eucalyptus "smell good." It was the best bath ever! But not as good as the card! The front spelled MOM and had a description for every
> letter. The back had a note. Look how much peace I get! Five whole minutes. Woo hoo! Thank you, Bug! I love you so so much!

Blaine came home with a potted plant and a card. He painted a pink flower and used pink ribbon just for me because he knows that's my favorite color. How do I know all this? He told me, of course! I LOVE it more than you will ever know, Buddy!

Saturday afternoon their Daddy took them shopping for even more gifts. FaBuLoUs! Kylee got me picture frames, my fave!, and body lotions, another fave!
In Blaine's package, I found a framed print for my house, because if I'm not buying picture frames, I'm certainly buying stuff for my house, and more body lotions. Love it all so so much! I have the best kids! Maybe I'm doing something right!

After opening my gifts Sunday morning, we got up and around and headed to MY Mom's house. I had ordered ribs and Mom and I split the side dish duties. It was a feast, I tell ya. In fact, when we had the leftovers tonight for dinner, the kids complained that it was "just" leftovers. Why leftovers? It's not Mother's Day anymore! {I said I was doing something right, not all right!}

The Mommies and their kids

After lunch and games and Wii and laughs, we headed home so I could wash kids' uniforms for school, 'cause, you know, a mother's work is never done, before we went to meet up with Joey's mom at Outback. Yes, we ate a.g.a.i.n! It was a long wait, and while we were waiting, the kids were playing on the miniature Etch-a-Sketch and then making me guess what they drew. This is the only one I got right. Kylee drew it. Do you know what it is? It's our family! Blaine, Kylee, Daddy, and me. Don't you LOVE it?!

It was a great day, and I'm very blessed to have the mothers I have in my life and the kids I was given to mother.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...