5/7/09

Nuptials No More and Highlight Hilarity

Remember my last post when I said my son was a bigamist? Now he's just a player, and I do not like it at all.....(but it is kinda funny since he's five!)

If you'll notice, I've taken the picture of the bride from last week down. While we all thought it was cute and funny, her daddy did not! He was not happy about it at all, so I've removed the picture. Although Blaine informed me he said they could still get married; they just didn't need to be kissing. I'm not sure what the deal is, so I'm just being safe.

It did not keep him down for long, though. Last night when he got home from AWANA, he informed me that he was going to have to break up with A (not using her name, since her dad wasn't loving the idea of the play marriage and I'm not sure how he would feel about her on my blog) and marry his Cubby friend, Abby. When I asked him why, he told me because A was beautiful, but Abby was beautiful-er.

This morning, I called Dad Dad to tell him about "Highlight Hilarity" (stay tuned..you'll understand soon) and "Nuptials No More". I had already dropped Kylee off at school, but Blaine was still in the car on our way to Terry's. I had just finished telling him the story of Blaine and Abby as we rang the doorbell to Terry's. Blaine turns to me and says in a most dramatic whisper, "Don't talk about any of that in here, okay?!"

Ok. Now Kylee. Last year in 3rd grade, Kylee met Ms. S when chosen to do UIL Writing. She was instantly in love with her and wanted her to be her 4th grade teacher. She was very sad when she wasn't her teacher, but does now LOVE the teacher she got. Anyway, she was chosen again this year for UIL writing, and Ms. S was the coach again. She STILL loves her and talks about her often.

I had never met Ms. S until Kylee's field trip. She was totally not what I expected! I expected the soft, maternal, stereotypical teacher. NOT because I think all teachers are (don't get hostile, teacher-friends), but because that is what my Kylee is drawn to....... so I thought. Ms. S is not a book to be judged by her cover. She is a hip, Harley-Davidson t-shirt and black leather vest wearing
hot chick. I was sssoo shocked.

So this morning Kylee was telling me about a girl that she didn't think her looks fit her voice. I told her, "You know, Ms. S doesn't look at all like I expected her to." Kylee said, "Yeah. You didn't expect her to have highlights in her hair, huh?" I almost spit the water in my mouth out laughing. But I just said, "Yeah, maybe that's it." ;)

We have a big week next week. The AWANA awards ceremony is Wednesday night. I'm not sure what either of them are receiving, but they select kiddos to recite a memorized verse at the ceremony. Blaine has been chosen to do that. Kylee's awards ceremony is Thursday morning, so we will be going to that. Stay tuned for pictures!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...