5/1/09

Going to the Chapel....ehhh...Terry's.....and we're gonna get maaarried!

My male child is a bigamist. lmao

Last summer (since I wasn't a blogger then, and this is also a memory I don't want to forget) Blaine came home from Terry's and told me that he and Danina were getting married at Cattleman's (the great steakhouse in Fabens) on Saturday. When I took him to Terry's the next day, Danina informed me that they were, in fact, getting married at CAttleman's. She told me they had picked Cattleman's because (her parents need to blog this) she had been there when her tia (aunt) got married..."Not the first wedding she had," she said. "It was the second time she got married. Because her second marriage was much better than her first!" Yes, she is four, too!

(THis is Danina's picture from a birthday party last fall.)


ANYWHO....last night Blaine informed me that I needed to take him to the store to buy a tuxedo because he was getting married. His big sister, of course, was TOTALLY egging it on, because she's the wedding planner, evidentally. I told him that he didn't need a tuxedo and that he had plenty of things he could wear, thinking this morning he wouldn't even REMEMBER what was going on. Boy was I wrong! (I, at this point, didn't realize yet the extent of the planning.) I also said, "Blaine, you're already married to Danina. You can't marry A. That's against the law." He ignored me.

This morning my groom gets up and is searching his closet for the perfect outfit for his bride. This is the boy who wants to wear pull-up whatever, nothing that buttons and a t-shirt to Terry's because, "It's just Terry's." (Not to mention the fact that when we were potty-training, there were problems with things that buttoned and him waiting too long and not getting them off in time and then getting in trouble for having an accident. Needless to say, THAT'S when he started wearing elastic-waisted bottoms only to Terry's) Oh, and he NEVER wants his hair combed because, "I"ll just wear a cap." So he finds his outfit, dresses himself, comes and asks me to brush his hair and, "Don't forget the gel!" THEN, as we're walking out the door, he wants his picture taken for his "wedding day".

On our way to Terry's in the car, he says, "Okay, that's it. I'm not doing it, can't get married." I said, "Why, buddy, what happened?" He said, "I just don't want to go to jail." I said, "Why would you go to jail?" He said, "'Cause it's bagainst (against) the law. You said it was." (hehe i SUCK as a mother!) So I explained to him about you can't be married to two girls, and I was just kidding, etc. He said, "Oh, ok, then my wedding is at 9 o'clock today." ;)

When we get to Terry's and he walks in, Terry commented that he looked nice he looked. I informed her he was dressed for his wedding. She dies laughing and says, "Oh, so you know?! Let me show you the pictures from the rehearsal yesterday." Well, now I hadn't heard about this rehearsal! She said she HAD to get her camera out yesterday because it was so sweet. They rehearsed the wedding AND their dance for after the wedding.

She's going to email me the pictures of the rehearsal yesterday, but for now here is the picture of my groom that he wanted taken this morning. Enjoy!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...