10/9/12

Ryan and Paige's Wedding - Rehearsal

We've been so excited for this wedding for months! Honestly, I'm not sure who was more excited, me or the kids. We've been shopping and planning and anticipating for MONTHS! And Wednesday night, it was go time. We drove to Midland to break up the drive.

Pops and DD's house was full of her family, so we bunked with Randa. Ryan and Paige had invited the kids to stay with them, but we got in so late, I didn't want to put them out. I didn't care about putting Randa out. ha! Read: She hasn't been planning a wedding!

I got so tickled at Blaine because after she had left for work, and he had had a peanut butter and jelly sandwich for breakfast, he followed me into her bathroom. It is a typical, single, girly girl's bathroom full of jewelry and make-up and hair stuff, only it may be a little overly typical in that she does sell Mary Kay. Blaine said, "Oh, COME ON! Seriously? She has all this stuff and barely any food?!"

So we met up with Dawn and her family and headed to Christoval for the rehearsal dinner. Pops was working, and Kyle's kids had six weeks' tests until noon, so they were meeting us there.

And they did.

This picture is one of my most favorite from the weekend,

almost as good as this one from Daneane's wedding.

Where have my babies gone?!

Anyway...as soon as we got there, the girls took of to do their own pre-rehearsal rehearsal.

and then after visiting, having some appetizers,

and some last minute instructions from the bride,

they rehearsed.

After dinner and more visiting,

there was a slideshow of Paige and Ryan's life before each other and together,

followed by toasts.

Yes, even Kylee and Kellie had a little mic time.

While we were eating supper, McKenzie asked Ryan if he liked his gun her Daddy got her. Everybody, except her immediate family, were a little confused, but just blew it off to Kenzie being Kenzie. When Kyle gave his toast, though, he indeed did get them a gun as their wedding present. You might be a redneck... He said he couldn't wait to shoot it with them and eventually their kids.

(This is just the beginning of McKenzie's not-a-secret-keeper antics. Stay tuned.)

Then it was time for wedding party gifts. Paige's mom had left the girls' in her car, so they had to wait, but were loving Paige anyway.

I was worried about the ring bearer's gift. Ryan had sent me a text earlier in the week that said, Boy, wait 'til you see the ring bearer's gift! It's good! I know Ryan, and I knew I had good reason to be scared. Evidentally, I wasn't the only one curious as to what it was.

I had good reason to be scared.

I mean, the big boys got a flask. Why shouldn't the eight-year-old, right? You might be a redneck... The worst best part was...it wasn't empty. After letting the kids have a little taste,

You might be a redneck... Joey told Blaine we would put it away for him because whiskey didn't go bad, and when he was older, he could get it out and take it with him to deer camp with Uncle Ryan. Blaine said, "Yeah, like when I'm 10." Ummm, no.

A party isn't a party in this family without a little dancing.

And then it was time to head 'home' to get some rest for the big day because....

It's almost go time!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...