11/5/10

Fishy Funeral

Blaine had an asthma attack. We spent yesterday morning at the doctor's office checking oxygen levels and listening to him breathe. He ended up on a steriod, which makes him ssoo hyper. I love that boy, but when he's on this medicine, I can't decide if I want to hurt him or myself. I love him, really. It's just the meds.

When the kids went with Mom Mom to her school fall festival a couple of weeks ago, they won three goldfish. When they came home, the were so excited about them. I immediately told them that these little goldfish did not live very long.
I wasn't trying to be a kill-joy, really. You just have to understand the drama surrounding ANYTHING dying in our home!! It's a really big deal, and they are really sad!

The first fish died two days later, the second fish died four days after that, but the third fish was still hanging on. Anyway, yesterday when Blaine and I got back from the doctor's office, we noticed Goldilocks had lost her battle. Blaine said, "Oh, Mommy, I want to give her a funeral!" He didn't seem all that upset, either. So he scooped her up in a cup and went to the bathroom, stood over the toilet, raised her cup to the heavens and began to pray....

"Dear God, Thank you for this day. Thank you for Goldilocks. She was a good fish, and we will keep her in our hearts forever. Goldilocks lived a good life..and a long one for a festival fish. Please take her to be with all the other fishes and be dead. We will remember her forever. In Jesus name I pray, Amen."

Then....he threw her into the toilet and screamed, "FIRE IN THE HOLE!" And flushed her down the potty.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...