8/11/11

If These Are Our Only Worries...

...our world isn't so bad.

Kylee is worried about her weight. Yup, my ever-active, skinny-miniis worried about her weight of all things! (Sorry for the bikini pic here, Joey, but I'm trying to make a point!) She told me yesterday after school that she bets she's gained 10 pounds. After thoroughly explaining to her how there was not ONE ounce of fat on her body, and even if there were, she still looked great, she wanted to bet. So we bet $5 that she had not gained 10 pounds. When we got home, I looked up the post from their physicals last year, to get her weight.

She got on the scale. She has gained 12 pounds, y'all!! She said, "Oh, darn! I should have bet a dollar a pound!" I had another long talk with her about how she looks great; she's too young to worry about her weight; and last year the doctor asked her to gain weight. Dad Dad told her not to listen to that "Hollywood crap." I also explained to her that she's obviously gained some inches to explain the weight gain, because when I gain FIVE pounds, my pants won't zip! She thought that was hysterical. I think her mind is at ease, and I can't wait to go to her physical next month to see the inches she has gained.

Blaine is our fearless wonder. The boy is afraid of nothing...except weather. He's terrifed of any kind of weather. I'm not sure where he gets it, maybe because the only "weather" we have in El Paso is wind. He's always asking about tornados, hurricanes, and earthquakes and making sure I'm sure we don't have them in El Paso.

At four o'clock this morning we had a LOUD and LONG thunderstorm. When I woke up, he was standing by my bed with his hand covering his ears. When I looked at him, he said, "Can I just get in bed with you for a little while?" I told him I would come lay in his bed for a while. When we got in his bed, he was wrapped around me like a winter blanket in terror. Then he would try to "suck it up." He would put his hands over his ears and say, "I'm just going to pretend it is just a loud truck going down our street." I'm not sure it worked, but he finally drifted back to sleep. Boy, did we pay for his lack of sleep this morning.

Life is good.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...