8/22/11

Saturday Madday

Saturday was one of the crazier days we've had in a while. Blaine had a "short" (even if his dad's idea of short and mine are not exactly the same thing) batting practice at 9:00. Kylee had to be at dance at 11:00 (while her Mom ran to get a much needed and desired pedicure) and picked up at 1:00.

This is when the craziness starts. That's right. What you have read so far is not craziness; just a normal Saturday morning. And we didn't even talk about the feeding and dressing and taxing in between.

Blaine's first official coach-pitch game was Saturday at 1:00. He was so nervous. I had never seen him so nervous before. We kept telling him he had been playing since he was 3, and he could do this. He just kept telling us it was a harder ball and it was being thrown instead of on a tee. He was not hearing that they had been practicing coach-pitch for a month and had two scrimmages. Once he got out there, hit the ball,, and scored, he played like a champ...with a grin even! It helped that a few on the other team had never even played t-ball, and the mercy rule was envoked. I sure hope it boosted his confidence. (Yes, I did take my camera, but the battery was dead. GRRR! Another iPhone save!)

His sister, growing up too fast, was appalled that a lady would sit in the stands and watch a game like this.(The bulk has been blurred to protect the very, very guilty innocent.) I have to tell you, I'm so glad to know I won't be catching my daughter this way.

After the Mercy Rule was invoked, I rushed Kylee home to get her ready for her dance performance at Cielo Vista Mall (and charge the camera battery for as long as possible). She was supposed to be there at 3:00, but due to the tax-free weekend and Christmas Eve-like crowds, she was a little late, as was her performance time. Because she had just danced these dances at the GECU performance and my camera battery wasn't fully charged, I decided not to video. I actually was very excited to get action pictures of her performing.Every time I watch her, I am truly amazed...and a little jealous that I can't move that way.

After her eight-dance performance, we hurried to buy birthday presents for Elijah and Leah's 5:00 birthday party.Elijah is on Blaine's baseball team, and Leah is his little sister, whom Kylee adores and who adores Kylee. We stayed until 11:00 p.m. but we had an great time with great friends.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...