8/1/11

First Day of School, 7th & 2nd

Another summer is over, but, oh, what a summer it was! Joey commented several times how he wished his summers had been like our kids'. The easy days of staying up late, sleeping late, and now worries about home work are now over. THe kids started school this morning.

Kylee started 7th grade.She is growing up so so fast. It was such a different morning for me today because as I was walking her to school, instead of clinging to me, scared of the unknown, she was making sure there was enough distance between her. We walked into the school, and she said, "Thanks, Mom! I gotta go meet my friends at the Commons." And off she went. There was no looking around hesitantly, searching for familiar faces, begging me not to go. Just like that, she was gone. I feel just that way. Just like that, her babyhood is gone.When I picked her up from school, she had 7th grade attitude in full force and effect, and she was not happy. We had received her schedule in the mail last week, but evidentally the school overbooked a class or two, so they did some rearranging. Her schedule changed ever so slightly. She still has the same classes, they just moved them around a bit. She found out first thing this morning, so it's not like she had gotten used to it and then they changed it. She was just crabby about it. Come to find out, she used to have "Karina BFF", as she is listed in Kylee's phone contacts, in one of her classes. That is no more. I'm sure she'll get over it, as most 7th graders do.

Blaine started 2nd grade.He's always made my first day of school experiences different than with Kylee. While she was nervous and clingy, he's always been excited and carefree. Kylee went with me to take himWe met Mrs. Martinezand he was ready for us to leave.Within the first hour of my picking him up from school, he said no less than 75 times how it was the "Best day ever!" He talked nonstop about how wonderful it was for about an hour and a half. If he's as good as he thinks he's gonna be this year, he's gonna have all sorts of parties, to include root beer parties, popcorn parties, pizza parties, and ice cream parties!

And so begins another exciting and full year!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...