12/9/12

The Thrill of This Mama's Life

I got to go to the Country Music Association Awards in Nashville, TN! Y'all, I'm telling you, it was the thrill of my life!

See, Daddy got these tickets for he and Dawn to go. Only he had something come up and couldn't go. It was a tough job stepping up and taking his place, but I'm his girl, and a girl's gotta do what a girl's gotta do! **giggle** Can I just say, as a side note here, that as I sit here and type the post, the nerves and stress of this last month fades away just talking typing about this? A thrill, y'all, for real!

So anyway, Dawn and I met in Nashville on Halloween. My childhood

friend, Mr. Wade Hooker,
-- who I haven't seen since like the 5th grade -- picked us up and showed us the local's take on Nashville. He took us to the Whiskey Kitchen and then some bar where the locals hang out...on Halloween. It was so fun.

The next day, Dawn and I went to have our piggies done for our big night out, did a little shopping, and Wade picked us up again for a little more local flavor at the Loveless Cafe. Dawn and I did a little more shopping, and then it was back to the hotel to get ready.

There are no cameras allowed. It's live TV. It's amazing. It's awesome. It's three hours long, and I could have sat there another three hours. I snuck in a COUPLE of pictures with my phone when I thought I could get away with it.
I have informed Daddy that if he ever gets tickets like this again, he is NOT going...unless he can score THREE tickets.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...